VP4 bug - ball hit off table (through the pocket)

Use this forum to chat with the makers of VP3DL, ask guestions, offer suggestions or even just tell them how much you like the game. Post VP3DL bug reports here. Please post any next gen suggestions in the Virtual Pool 3 Nextgen forum.

Moderators: 9balldotcom, vpeer

AlinVille
V9BWC 2007,08

VP4 bug - ball hit off table (through the pocket)

Post by AlinVille »

Don't know if this happens only on the snooker table, or only for middle pockets. I have played all tables and now it's the first time I see it, so it's definitely rare:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=Q4eWlSsQPDk&hd=1

Only happened once so far. At 0:35 you can see the pink going through the table on that specific angle, maybe that's a hint of what could be going wrong with the pocket physics.
Last edited by AlinVille on Wed Aug 22, 2012 9:47 am, edited 2 times in total.
AlinVille
V9BWC 2007,08

Re: VP4 bug - ball hit off table (through the pocket)

Post by AlinVille »

k I managed to reproduce it in Trickshot mode, uploaded the vpp file here:
http://sendspace.com/file/9hy7s4
Last edited by AlinVille on Wed Aug 22, 2012 9:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
Fluke[FIN]
Hustler
Hustler

Post by Fluke[FIN] »

AlinVille wrote:Don't know if this happens only on the snooker table, or only for middle pockets. I have played all tables and now it's the first time I see it, so it's definitely rare:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q4eWlSsQPDk&hd=1

Only happened once so far. At 0:35 you can see the pink going through the table on that specific angle, maybe that's a hint of what could be going wrong with the pocket physics.

Haha a nice one there! Althou this is definitely a bug in the game but actually that can happen sometimes on real tables, at least Ive seen it many times. Especially if the table is old and the pocket nets are a bit... worn or something the net sometimes can slip a ball out. Id suggest not to fix that, it just adds some IRL feeling :P

In the IRL case is not foul thou off course like it seems to be in the game.
Agassi
Bouncer
Bouncer

Post by Agassi »

Fluke[FIN] wrote:Id suggest not to fix that, it just adds some IRL feeling :P
NOT TO FIX IT?? OMG it definitely needs to be fixed. This bug can lead to massive suicides of nervous players.

zwylle
Cuemaster
Cuemaster

Post by zwylle »

I believe this is specific to side pocket(s) at Hard Times.
It happened before in Blackball and 9 Ball too.
Thought this was fixed.
The file will help. Thanks!
JohnSlingBlade

Post by JohnSlingBlade »

Not just the side pocket, I had it happen 3 times in same game 3 out of 4 corner pockets.. The next 3 games in a row it also did it once during each game, always been the various corner pockets.This was all during a straight pool match
zwylle
Cuemaster
Cuemaster

Post by zwylle »

That's strange.
Was it in Quick Play, Hustler or Pro Career?
Do you remember the table settings?

Post by JohnSlingBlade »

Quick play playing AI in beach house and hard times default tables. Also when I play back recording I noticed each time AI pockets a ball the game is calling misscall , changes to my player and changes back to AI to continue his inning.....I didnt notice when it was live
zwylle
Cuemaster
Cuemaster

Post by zwylle »

JohnSlingBlade wrote:Quick play playing AI in beach house and hard times default tables.
Does that mean when you played hard times room was hard times and table was hard times. Default with Novice settings?

Post by JohnSlingBlade »

Location Beach House
Table Beach House
Table setup Tournament

Location Beach House
Table Hard Times
Table setup Tournament
zwylle
Cuemaster
Cuemaster

Post by zwylle »

Has anyone else experienced the ball falling through pocket bug in the current release with anything other than Snooker at Hard Times and the ball falling through side pocket?
Save games or screenshots would be helpful.

Post by JohnSlingBlade »

The only game this has showed up in was Straight Pool Ive played 9 ball and 10 ball under the same conditions and havent seen it happen
ScratchShark
Wannabe
Wannabe

Post by ScratchShark »

It hasn't happened to me. But what does the game do? Score a pot, or say you have just hit the ball off the table?
zwylle
Cuemaster
Cuemaster

Post by zwylle »

ScratchShark wrote:It hasn't happened to me. But what does the game do? Score a pot, or say you have just hit the ball off the table?
The bug is the game declaring a ball hit off table foul, although the ball was correctly (and usually with average speed) pocketed. Depending on your view point you can see the ball falling through the pocket on to the floor, like in the files Alin uploaded.
Cuemaster
Cuemaster

Post by zwylle »

I was able to reproduce this in other rooms for Snooker, not for pool though.
Wannabe

Post by ScratchShark »

Oh, another glitch I'm afraid. I can't use Ctrl-A to set the view of the opposing player like I always did in VP3.
zwylle
Cuemaster
Cuemaster

Post by zwylle »

ScratchShark wrote:Oh, another glitch I'm afraid. I can't use Ctrl-A to set the view of the opposing player like I always did in VP3.
Yes, that's a known issue and being worked on.