VP4 LAN play

Use this forum to chat with the makers of VP3DL, ask guestions, offer suggestions or even just tell them how much you like the game. Post VP3DL bug reports here. Please post any next gen suggestions in the Virtual Pool 3 Nextgen forum.

Moderators: 9balldotcom, vpeer

papagaya
Wannabe
Wannabe

VP4 LAN play

Post by papagaya »

Well with all the madness of testing a new game I don't realized about LAN play until now. Obviously it is not included in this release, or at least I can't see it, and the info about the online part makes not mention.

The truth is this thing has worried me because I always play over LAN with other people, and offline to make some practice only. In fact I own two licenses for VP3 because of that.

If proceed, can you tell what is the plan about that feature?.
9balldotcom
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: VP4 LAN play

Post by 9balldotcom »

There are two separate releases of Virtual pool 4.

The game released on August the 15th is the Offline version no lAN .

The second version will be the online version of the game,however the online feature will be playable through the Celeris server and its looking like it will be only playable through that server with again no LAN option.This should be available at some point in 2013
papagaya
Wannabe
Wannabe

Re: VP4 LAN play

Post by papagaya »

That's bad news then. Lets hope that the developers have in mind this is a must-have feature in a pool game and even almost every 2-player game. Maybe not strictly as a LAN, but maybe somehow integrated in the online mode. Seriously, it makes no sense that two people in the same room cannot play in an easy way.

And please, be also aware of the abuse that would be having to buy two more licenses for a new online version plus a subscription fee only to play two people in the same room.

Isn't beautiful?. And it is saying ... Support me! Support me! Support me! ...

:strokeit: