Foul and miss error in VP4 Snooker

Use this forum to chat with the makers of VP3DL, ask guestions, offer suggestions or even just tell them how much you like the game. Post VP3DL bug reports here. Please post any next gen suggestions in the Virtual Pool 3 Nextgen forum.

Moderators: 9balldotcom, vpeer

9balldotcom
Site Admin
Site Admin

Foul and miss error in VP4 Snooker

Post by 9balldotcom »

Yes its me Steve.

Ive checked this a few times myself and had it verified by another player.

If you play ai player and you pot a red and you miss the colour on say a blue thats a foul and a miss.......but when it happens that the ai player passes it back to you you will find that you still got the one point you made by potting the red and that your put back in still on a colour.If you go ahead and actually pot a colour(lets say the blue again) you will see that you get the points value added to your one you already show on a break and you get 6 points and basically you can continue your break.

Ive looked at the rules on foul and miss and the assumption im making is the very least that should happen is that your put in again and you still attempt to hit the colour you nominated and if you miss then the points value will be a 4 point foul or the value of the ball if its higher blue pink or black .

iii) a colour of the striker’s choice, where the ball on was a colour after a Red had been potted.(shall be called a foul and a miss)as per the official snooker rules foul and miss section.

So VP4 calls the foul and the miss which is correct,but the break continuing is wrong.
zwylle
Cuemaster
Cuemaster

Re: Foul and miss error in VP4 Snooker

Post by zwylle »

I'm adding this as a bug.
klingklang76
Wannabe
Wannabe

Post by klingklang76 »

I've noticed that a foul and miss is called only if you see the object ball. When you're snookered, you can just push the ball wherever you want, no matter how far you are from a valid hit, and the miss is not called. I realize it's such a difficult rule to implement (even real life referees are often questionable in how they interpret it), but can anything be done about that? I don't know, maybe the two players could agree if the shot can be called a miss or not?

Cheers
Hanterp
Banger
Banger

Post by Hanterp »

Yesterday I lost a frame of snooker on a wrong interpretation of the rules.
With only 1 red on the table I was snookered on that red. It was a difficult snooker, needing two cushions to hit it and I failed.
After failing to hit the red three times I lost my frame because I missed a red three times in a row.
This is no bug, but a wrong interpretation of the rules. This rule should only be used when you can hit the red and it is not snookered.
Please can this be corrected? Thank you.
klingklang76
Wannabe
Wannabe

Post by klingklang76 »

So it's not like I've stated in my previous message? I tried to leave myself with a difficult snooker and all 15 balls still on the table, then just pushed the white on the top cushion, far away from any red, and the only two choices I was given were play or make opponent play (in place). So I guess the interpretation of the miss rule is a bit random?
zwylle
Cuemaster
Cuemaster

Post by zwylle »

I believe it's done based on the games interpretation of the player's skill.
VIP

Post by vpeer »

Hanterp wrote:Yesterday I lost a frame of snooker on a wrong interpretation of the rules.
With only 1 red on the table I was snookered on that red. It was a difficult snooker, needing two cushions to hit it and I failed.
After failing to hit the red three times I lost my frame because I missed a red three times in a row.
This is no bug, but a wrong interpretation of the rules. This rule should only be used when you can hit the red and it is not snookered.
Please can this be corrected? Thank you.
Send me a saved file or at a minimum a screen shot of the situation, saved file would be better.
Hanterp
Banger
Banger

Post by Hanterp »

Sorry, I don't have that. When it happens again I will do that.