New Computer -- dont get new serial from Celeris

Use this forum to chat with the makers of VP3DL, ask guestions, offer suggestions or even just tell them how much you like the game. Post VP3DL bug reports here. Please post any next gen suggestions in the Virtual Pool 3 Nextgen forum.

Moderators: 9balldotcom, vpeer

BlackJagged
Bouncer
Bouncer

Re: New Computer -- dont get new serial from Celeris

Post by BlackJagged »

I so much not like to fiddle around with this again, but your offer is just too kind to decline it. Not sure about my free time the next days, but I will in any case contact you and give it a try.
9balldotcom wrote: ...and that way i can talk to you and tell you what a numpty you are at the same time.... :bs: :bootyshake: :pottytrain5: .
Deal: if you manage to guide me to a solution you are free to call me a numpty for the next five years. ;)
BlackJagged
Bouncer
Bouncer

Post by BlackJagged »

Final update: Hugh really spent more than two hour of his time to work, via Skype and Teamviewer, on this problem with me. The graphic problem remained unsolved, but he could point me to the solution of the router problem that I also had and afterwards I couldnt only join, but even, after a very long time, open rooms in VP. Very oddly, for whatever change that happened in the process of trying to solve the graphic problem, I could, afterwards, get my graphic-card's driver settings to override the settings of VP, so everything is resolved now: I get full window with anti-alias. Phew...

Biggest thanks to Hugh: putting two hours of your spare time on helping a total stranger solve a software problem is something. Oh, and according to the deal: He can call me a numpty for the next five years. ;)
9balldotcom
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by 9balldotcom »

Yes your a numpty........but this graphic resolution issue....i think that will annoy me till its fixed one way or another.

Why does a G 440 NVIDIA card only allow 640x 480 resolution setting???
nothing else.......it will annoy me till i can work out whats causing it
AlinVille
V9BWC 2007,08

Post by AlinVille »

Your resolution issue seems related to http://celeris.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=2159... this is how he fixed it:
cuefox wrote:OK, got it working.

1) Uninstalled VP3 DL
2) Deleted the reg key HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Celeris\Virtual Pool 3 DL\Current Version, to ensure a clean uninstall
3) Disabled Crossfire from Catalyst Control Center
4) Re-installed VP3 DL, set video mode to desktop window.
5) Verified I could stretch window to near full screen size
6) Re-enabled Crossfire.

Works a treat, thanks for all the suggestions, wouldnt have got it sorted without them.
BlackJagged
Bouncer
Bouncer

Post by BlackJagged »

Thanks Alin....but there is nothing in this that I hadnt tried, and multiple time.

....but I can live with what Im getting now until, perhaps, you never know, VP4 comes on.