OBP file format

Use this forum to chat with the makers of VP3DL, ask guestions, offer suggestions or even just tell them how much you like the game. Post VP3DL bug reports here. Please post any next gen suggestions in the Virtual Pool 3 Nextgen forum.

Moderators: 9balldotcom, vpeer

Poloboc
Wannabe
Wannabe

OBP file format

Post by Poloboc »

Hello!

I was thinking of using the 3d model files from Virtual Pool into a school project of mine. I saw that the extension is .obp and that Bryce should know how to open them, but instead it gives an unknown file format error. By opening the files in notepad I noticed the header is simply "FILEOBP" and not "CCmFile::kIdentify4" as expected for Bryce OBP files.

Is Virtual Pool using a custom file format or it's somehow an old OBP file format the latest version of Bryce doesn't know how to process?

All I want is to convert one of the room models in something more usable like OBJ.

Thanks.
Poloboc
Wannabe
Wannabe

Re: OBP file format

Post by Poloboc »

No answer? Anybody?

:sign4:
polomint77
Banger
Banger

Post by polomint77 »

I think it is a custom format, this question has been asked before and I don't think there is a way to use those files yourself.
DISCLAIMER
All opinions expressed by myself are just that, opinions of *mine*. They are in no way anyone elses.
If you disagree with them, then please feel free to take it up with you local drunkard, hooker, or local drug dealer. Just don’t bother me with it because I couldn’t care less.
Poloboc
Wannabe
Wannabe

Post by Poloboc »

Aargh.. that's the answer I feared most.

:gagme: