Will not work, at all

Use this forum to chat with the makers of VP3DL, ask guestions, offer suggestions or even just tell them how much you like the game. Post VP3DL bug reports here. Please post any next gen suggestions in the Virtual Pool 3 Nextgen forum.

Moderators: 9balldotcom, vpeer

exitiummachina
Wannabe
Wannabe

Will not work, at all

Post by exitiummachina »

Virtual Pool 3 3.3.1.1. does not work on my computer, it worked once when I freshly installed it but has since quit working even with a fresh install.

I'm running Windows XP SP 3, BFG H2OC 260 GTX, 2.5 GB RAM and now...absolutely no anti-virus. And this game absolutely refuses to run, no error, nothing logged as an error, it simply just doesn't run.
Bagpuss
Bouncer
Bouncer

Re: Will not work, at all

Post by Bagpuss »

Try:

1. Uninstall VP3
2. Uninstall your graphics card using Device Manager
3. Download latest drivers for your graphics card from chipset manufacturer
4. Reboot
5. Install drivers downloaded at (4) above either after Found New Hardware wizard has done its thing or during that process using Have Disk
6. Start --> Run --> dxdiag (check DirectX is OK)
7. Install VP3 and retry.
9balldotcom
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by 9balldotcom »

Sounds to me that it could possibly be a conflict with new and old and games got corrupted.Thats if you have had previous older version of vp3.'

Are you using the most recent download version of vp3 that has a different exe?.If not download it here http://www.celeris.com/games/vp3/downVP3/VP3_3311.exe

My way of doing a clean install would be to open registry by typing regedit in the RUN window on xp.

Id then go to HKEY LOCAL MACHINE and open the software option and if i see interplay(which would be the original jeanette lee version)id remove the interplay from the registry and also if i see celeris id remove that also.

id then update graphics card drivers and also direct x. Id also do a full virus scan and a defrag of my hard drive

Id then reinstall vp3.
If that didnt work id go to the vp3 lobby on gamespy and id ask for help there.
exitiummachina
Wannabe
Wannabe

Post by exitiummachina »

Well, it works now. However it spams me a ton of 'ERROR: Could not open IDE21201.VXD file' errors before it goes through. On the plus side the game works, on the downside I'm a bit worried about this error.

Oh, and to add. I do not have any previous versions of Virtual Pool 3 (Jeanette or otherwise), I'm working solely with VP3DL. I already removed all of my other version of the game (Jeanette), although I am tempted to just reinstall the Jeanette version since it worked without any errors.
9balldotcom
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by 9balldotcom »

No doubt celeris will respond about that particular error as personally its not one ive ever heard of.
There will be some sort of solution to get rid of it id have thought.
zwylle
Cuemaster
Cuemaster

Post by zwylle »

I don't think this has anything to do with VP3.
It looks like you have some spyware you need to get rid of.

I don't know the program they recommend in the below link for removal.
So I'd probably try the manual steps... or google some more.
http://www.spywareremove.com/removeide21201vxd.html
Wannabe

Post by exitiummachina »

I thought spyware as well, however IDE21201.vxd is installed through Virtual Pool 3 and is installed in the root directory. That and any of the removal processes I have tried don't work.

Now, my question is this: ide21201.vxd is labeled under Virtual device driver inside the root directory of Virtual Pool 3, now, why would Virtual Pool 3 install a virtual device driver?
vpeer
VIP
VIP

Post by vpeer »

Sounds like you have the program comparability set to something really old like Windows 95, try setting to Windows XP SP2.
exitiummachina
Wannabe
Wannabe

Post by exitiummachina »

vpeer wrote:Sounds like you have the program comparability set to something really old like Windows 95, try setting to Windows XP SP2.
Bingo.

And cheers, thanks for the help.