Win Vista Graphics Problem

Use this forum to chat with the makers of VP3DL, ask guestions, offer suggestions or even just tell them how much you like the game. Post VP3DL bug reports here. Please post any next gen suggestions in the Virtual Pool 3 Nextgen forum.

Moderators: 9balldotcom, vpeer

DrumFreak!
Wannabe
Wannabe

Win Vista Graphics Problem

Post by DrumFreak! »

I GOT WINDOWS VISTA 32-BIT. EVERYTIME I TURN ON THE HARDWARE ACCELERATOR FROM THE GRAPHICS MENU OF THE GAME,IN GAME THA POOL TABLE IS BLACK AND THE BACKGROUND IS FLASHING. I HAVE TRIED EVERYTHING. CHANGING VIDEO MODES,RUNNING THE GAME IN OTHER WINDOWS VERSIONS... THERE ARE NO UPDATES FOR MY GFX DRIVERS AND MY DIRECTX IS THE LATEST. THE GAME WORKS FINE WHEN I TURN OFF THE ACCELERATOR BUT THE GRAPHICS SUCK :(. PLEASE HELP!!!!.. MY GFX CARD IS ATI MOBILITY RADEON HD 2600.
Bagpuss
Bouncer
Bouncer

Re: Win Vista Graphics Problem

Post by Bagpuss »

You could try using the latest desktop drivers for your Mobility card using Mobility Modder (http://dh-mobility-modder.en.softonic.com). As ATI do not support Mobility cards (they leave it to the laptop manufacturers), this is often the only way to update laptop drivers if your laptop's manufacturer don't release any updates. You can always restore the current drivers if this doesn't work. I've used this method successfully with a ATi Mobility Radeon HD 3470 card on my laptop.

Bagpuss
Nam[BE]
Banger
Banger

Post by Nam[BE] »

Sorry to interfere but the latest drivers from Ati support laptops. Look here : http://support.amd.com/us/gpudownload/w ... n7-32.aspx
Hope it helps.
:manure:
DrumFreak!
Wannabe
Wannabe

Post by DrumFreak! »

I TRIED BOTH THINGS AND NOTHING HAPPENED WITH VP3 GUYS :/. AT LEAST SOME OF MY OTHER GAMES ARE PLAYING BETTER NOW XD!!! LOL!
Nam[BE]
Banger
Banger

Post by Nam[BE] »

Are you installing from the Jeannette Lee Version ? What version do you have ? What color is your CD (lol) ? There's some component you mustn't install if installing CD version. If this is the case, try uninstalling VP3 cleanly (and everything it installed originally) and reinstall without the failing component (cant remember the name), only install the game.
:manure:
Freeball

Post by Freeball »

Also try installing directx 9.0c. This may sound silly but there a lot of old files in there needed for vp3. you never now.

Freeball
DrumFreak!
Wannabe
Wannabe

Post by DrumFreak! »

NO I HAVE THE DL VERSION FROM THE WEBSITE. IT'S NOT THE DIRECT X FOR SURE. MY NETBOOK HAS DIRECT X 10 AND THE GAME WORKS PERFECTLY. MAYBE IT'S THE GFX CARD. BUT I'LL TRY THE DIRECT9 THING;)
9balldotcom
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by 9balldotcom »

Its the Caps Lock button that the cause of it....TRY SWITCHING IT OFF!!!!!!!!!!!!! :offtopic:
Bagpuss
Bouncer
Bouncer

Post by Bagpuss »

Have you tried going in to the Catalyst Control Center (right-click on desktop) and tweaking a few things and seeing if they have an effect? Also, go to Start, then Run and type in 'dxdiag' (without the quotes) and see if all's well in there...

Bagpuss