Drawshot Follow-through

Use this forum to chat with the makers of VP3DL, ask guestions, offer suggestions or even just tell them how much you like the game. Post VP3DL bug reports here. Please post any next gen suggestions in the Virtual Pool 3 Nextgen forum.

Moderators: 9balldotcom, vpeer

ScratchShark
Wannabe
Wannabe

Drawshot Follow-through

Post by ScratchShark »

Does the ball have to be hit with the cue and "snapped" like in real life pool? Does the mouse stroke, after contacting the ball, make any difference in the shot if it is struck very low on the ball? It seems the the cue stick disappears after the instant the cue tip hits the ball, so how can there be follow-through, or lack of it, when "snapped"? Does the game still read the mouse movement and use it after the ball is hit?
Nugget
Asst Admin
Asst Admin

Re: Drawshot Follow-through

Post by Nugget »

That would very good if it did in vp4 (I know it doesn't in vp3).
Tournament Website: http://www.vphqtournaments.com
9balldotcom
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by 9balldotcom »

Im pretty sure that on this forum steve chaplin has mentioned about follow through on the shot and some kind of introduction,but that was more to improve the gameplay and also incorporate the push shot foul.
Whether its been 100 percent confirmed yet i dont know,no doubt he will read this at some point and reply.
ScratchShark
Wannabe
Wannabe

Post by ScratchShark »

Bump....Steve do you care to comment?

Future VP4 owner.......
vpeer
VIP
VIP

Post by vpeer »

Still yet to be determined. Trying to control the cue stick as in real life with a mouse would be not be a good idea, too clumsy, and would make the game play poorly, but we may do something with the follow through and when the cue disappears.
ScratchShark
Wannabe
Wannabe

Post by ScratchShark »

OK, I didn't think that you had to "halt" the mouse to put draw on the ball, and I have always said to my brother jclane2001, that I didn't think that it needed to be done to get draw on the ball. It will help me learn to get better control of my draw shots in VP3 and/or VP4. Thanks