Upgrade from Janet Lee version

Use this forum to chat with the makers of VP3DL, ask guestions, offer suggestions or even just tell them how much you like the game. Post VP3DL bug reports here. Please post any next gen suggestions in the Virtual Pool 3 Nextgen forum.

Moderators: 9balldotcom, vpeer

dudley70
Wannabe
Wannabe

Upgrade from Janet Lee version

Post by dudley70 »

I am running Windows 7 64bit. Down loaded and installed the upgrade. Choose to run the program after install. Played some games and quit the game normally. Later I went to run the game from the desk short cut and the game would not run. I tried to run from the exec file in all programs and still would not start. I uninstalled and reinstalled the game and again selected run the game after install. The game ran nicely, but again would not start from the exec file or from the desktop short cut. I tried to install the patch and it is telling me that the game is not installed, it is not in the expected directory.

Again the game runs from the installation routine but not from the exec file.

Love some suggestions.

Thanks
9balldotcom
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Upgrade from Janet Lee version

Post by 9balldotcom »

I am running Windows 7 64bit. Down loaded and installed the upgrade. Choose to run the program after install. Played some games and quit the game normally. Later I went to run the game from the desk short cut and the game would not run. I tried to run from the exec file in all programs and still would not start. I uninstalled and reinstalled the game and again selected run the game after install. The game ran nicely, but again would not start from the exec file or from the desktop short cut. I tried to install the patch and it is telling me that the game is not installed, it is not in the expected directory.

Again the game runs from the installation routine but not from the exec file.
Ok from what your saying you still got the jeannete Lee version installed and my first piece of advice is that you should completely delete this version .

It does sound like its a game path issue to meand that vp3 cant be loacated because of this,so to make things simpler you should get rid of the original Jeqanette Lee version

One other thing to clarify....exactly what do you mean by install a patch,??the reason I ask this is simple, there are no patches avaialbe for. the Jeanette Lee version other than full upgrading your game

Did you download the full 70 mb 3311 version from Celeris site? cos this is what you should have installed on your pc here is the link to it http://www.celeris.com/games/vp3/downVP3/VP3_3311.exe

Also you should have paid for your serial number from Celeris to allow you to fully install the 3311 version of vp3dl and if you havent done any of this and not received an email with your serial in it then what you are trying to do is a waste of time.

Perhaps you can elaborate on this and give me some more details.

You could actually be clicking the old exe shortcut for your old version and thats why it has worked,it could aslo be that you need to allow vp3 to run through the user account security on windows 7

just give some more clarity in your explanation and if needs be get to the vp3 lobby on gamespy and look out for myself and ill try to assist you there.
dudley70
Wannabe
Wannabe

Post by dudley70 »

Thanks for the reply.

The J Lee version is not installed.
I paid by credit card for the update and received an e-mail with the serial number that I am using.
I go to programs(i86)/celeris/.... and click on the exec there and also on the desk top short cut. The short cut properties point to the celeris folder for the down load version.

Sounds like a path is garbled somewhere.

Hope that helps some.
9balldotcom
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by 9balldotcom »

Right then.

This is the standard path that most people would have their game installed to C:\Program Files\Celeris\Virtual Pool 3 DL\vp3.exe

Now i dont think that windows 7 is an issue as we have people playing vp3 with windows 7 so we can forget that.

Clearly there is a gamepath issue,but hopefully its nothing to do with user account security on winsowa 7...have you tried right clicking the celeris/vp3 programme and letting it run as administ4rator and see if that makes any difference??

Also make sure that the vp3 game is showing through your windows firewall if you have it activate4d on your pc and this its listed under the exceptions.

Did you have a previous version of vp3 on your pc prior to this tho??

if your still haveing issues and youd like some remote desktop help I suggst you download this programme TEAMVIEWER http://www.teamviewer.com/download/TeamViewerQS.exe before joing the virtual pool 3 game lobby on gamespy.

if you do then just look out for me as Im on everyday now and i can try and assist you remotely if needs be.
dudley70
Wannabe
Wannabe

Post by dudley70 »

The path in properties for the short cut is "C:\Program Files (x86)\Celeris\Virtual Pool 3 DL\vp3.exe"

That is where I find the program installed. Note it is program files (x86) not program files.

I tried to install the old Celeres version on Windows 7, but it never ran and thus the desire for the upgrade. It did run on XP.

I have installed using admin and I have run the exec using admin to no effect.

The firewall is set to allow vp3 to run.

Not sure where to find you on gamespy.

Hopefully this can be solved without opening to remote desktop, but I will if I have too.

Again thanks for the help.
9balldotcom
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by 9balldotcom »

When you installed vp3 it would aslo ask you to install gamespy arcade which is the portal where you play vp3 online and meet up with other people.
If you start vp3 and its working ok then if you choose online play it will close vp3 and launch gamespy arcade...where if youve not been online before youll have to create an accounf...its free and after than you just cllick on the vp3 shortcut on gamespy and you will join our lobby.
dudley70
Wannabe
Wannabe

Post by dudley70 »

I am registered at gamespy.

I reloaded the vp3 started the game from the install again. Worked fine. I tried the trick shots that sent me to the Cleris online videos. I quit vp3 and watched the video and then selected play the shot. VP3 came up fine. Exited and the exec and shortcut are still not starting the program. This looks like a path problem with setup, or something internal. It looked like some of gamespy was down. I would like to make some progress on this or I am going to try to get a refund.
9balldotcom
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by 9balldotcom »

Well if your on gamespy,the next place is getting into the vp3 lobby.
Dont give up this easily it can be fixed...just takes a bit of messing around and if i cant help you ill try and get some who will assist
dudley70
Wannabe
Wannabe

Post by dudley70 »

Registered at gamespy as DGR70.
Hanterp
Banger
Banger

Post by Hanterp »

If you guys find a solution to this problem, please put it in here.
I am planning to install Windows 7 and I am interested at the solution, in the case I get the same problem...
Freeball

Post by Freeball »

The issue was nothing to do with windows 7 but to do with the firewall software this guy had installed. you will have no problems with win7 and vp3. if you do give me a shout.

Freeball (Ron)
Hanterp
Banger
Banger

Post by Hanterp »

Okay, thanks =D>