6 red snooker tourneys

Use this forum to chat with the makers of VP3DL, ask guestions, offer suggestions or even just tell them how much you like the game. Post VP3DL bug reports here. Please post any next gen suggestions in the Virtual Pool 3 Nextgen forum.

Moderators: 9balldotcom, vpeer

9balldotcom
Site Admin
Site Admin

6 red snooker tourneys

Post by 9balldotcom »

Recently in 2009 there has been two professional 6 red snooker tourneys one in Thailand earlier this year and one last month in ireland which was the 6 red world championships.

I wanted to have a look and see roughly how quickly I could play the average 6 red frame of snooker by way of perhaps running a tourney at some point.
I set up a game in offline mode and if its an open frame it can be over in rapid time.

However one omission i discovered in Virtual Pool 3 is that if( and it seems there are quite a few) you play the game in offline mode and choose tournament option,youll find you can choose the size of the field ie up to 16 players,youll also set the length of each match,but what is missing is the fact that you do not have the option to choose the number of reds to be used like the option you have in quick mode.The game it seems automatically sets it to 15 reds by default.
9balldotcom
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: 6 red snooker tourneys

Post by 9balldotcom »

Did a 6 red snooker tourney with 16 people in it and it took just over 3 and a half ours for the whole tourney with all rounds to 3 frames final to 4...went quite well i thought. =D> \:D/ :hail: :yeah: :jive: :whistle: