VP3 DL VERSION 3311 - PROBLEM IN CAREER MODE BLACK SCREEN

Use this forum to chat with the makers of VP3DL, ask guestions, offer suggestions or even just tell them how much you like the game. Post VP3DL bug reports here. Please post any next gen suggestions in the Virtual Pool 3 Nextgen forum.

Moderators: 9balldotcom, vpeer

BAMBAM17
Wannabe
Wannabe

VP3 DL VERSION 3311 - PROBLEM IN CAREER MODE BLACK SCREEN

Post by BAMBAM17 »

Hi,

I just purchased VP3 DL version 3311 last night. Everything seemed to work fine up until i started playing in career mode. Everytime i defeated a boss per poolhall, i'd assume a movie is to show up (jeanette lee used to appear in old version) where 'curly' (correct me if im mistaken) is doing the script talking.

At that point, i just hear the audio and then my screen turns into black with the audio still playing. Then, nothing happens... from the old version, i'd be going back to the poolhall selection screen... but now, nothing happens.... i would then have to illegaly terminate the program and restart my PC because it causes my machine to freeze. I dont think that this is a hardware issue, but then, please let me know. Need help on this please!
sharkey9
VWSC 2007

Re: VP3 DL VERSION 3311 - PROBLEM IN CAREER MODE BLACK SCREEN

Post by sharkey9 »

Scroll down a few posts and theres your solution.
I'm made of metal
My circuits gleam
I am perpetual
I keep the country clean
BAMBAM17
Wannabe
Wannabe

Post by BAMBAM17 »

Thanks Sharkey... but i already did what they suggested.... didn't work for me... i'm running on Windows Vista Business Edtion... and i use WMP for my default audio/video player... what else can i try doing?
Agassi

Post by Agassi »

I've solved this problem, by configurung fddshow video decoder. I added process vp3.exe to the list, where fddshow mustn't be used. It helped.