Upgrading from original VP3?

Use this forum to chat with the makers of VP3DL, ask guestions, offer suggestions or even just tell them how much you like the game. Post VP3DL bug reports here. Please post any next gen suggestions in the Virtual Pool 3 Nextgen forum.

Moderators: 9balldotcom, vpeer

Zamboni
Wannabe
Wannabe

Upgrading from original VP3?

Post by Zamboni »

Hi I'm an owner of the original Virtual Pool 3 (the Jeanette lee version) and since my upgrade to Vista the game no longer works, nor can I get support from Interplay (the patches don't even install).

I did a search and the VP3 DL version came up, I followed the upgrade instructions and enter the coupon number into the "buy now" page, which prompted me to pay some $17 (Canadian) for the upgrade.

Am I correct to assume that the upgrade is not free, nor will I be able to run the original VP3 on Vista under any circumstances?
9balldotcom
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Upgrading from original VP3?

Post by 9balldotcom »

Frst of all all versions of vp3 will work with vista.

Your jeannette lee version is it the original disc version and not a copied version? The reason i ask is that if you say you cannot install a patch your either doing something very wrong or youll find that you cant apply the patches to a copied version.

The upgrade is not an upgrade.It is a full downlodable version that is now supported by celeris and any updates are supplied by then for the download version.
The version you have will let you play online in gamespy but you will find it difficult to get a game with the majority of people in the lobby as we are all on the 3239/3311 versions which are the full download version.

Finally you can get the DL version at a discounted price and cheaper than the 17 dollars you said it was charging you.

If you need any further advice come and see me in the vp3 lobby on gamespy.
Zamboni
Wannabe
Wannabe

Post by Zamboni »

It is the retail version. And the game doesn't work in Vista on my computer. I am running the 64-bit version however so that might be a problem. The patch from interplay results in a "setup.exe has encountered an error" when I run it while the original VP3 executable shows a "this program has stopped working and needs to be closed" error when I run it.

LOL

Thanks for confirming that the upgrade is not free. It should have been specified on the official site.
witecobrao1
Wannabe
Wannabe

Post by witecobrao1 »

Hi ,my question is this is there a version of vp3 for purchase for windows vista, at any retail store,if so who ?.If not where can i get a copy,? I puchased a copy for xp, whiched work on my wifes laptop/w- vista , but not on my dell.Can you help me in this matter thank you------ witecobrao1
9balldotcom
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by 9balldotcom »

The problem is you cant buy vp3 retail anymore.

If you think you have problems getting vp3 to rum please come to the vp3 lobby on gamespy its much easier to offer you help there.
We can even if you wish access your pc to help you set it up go to www.teamviewer.com and download the programme and install it.
Beleive me this is the fastest and simplest way of helping people who are having problems getting vp3 up and running.

Its not a vista problem its probobly an asministrators rights problem.

I ise vista and there isnt any problems getting vp3 to run i assure you.
Freeball

Post by Freeball »

update your direct x drivers with all avaliable updates from last year. The problem is your direct x 10 does not have some of the requirements. i suggest this link...

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/deta ... 6652cd92a3