Snooker Bug

Use this forum to chat with the makers of VP3DL, ask guestions, offer suggestions or even just tell them how much you like the game. Post VP3DL bug reports here. Please post any next gen suggestions in the Virtual Pool 3 Nextgen forum.

Moderators: 9balldotcom, vpeer

9balldotcom
Site Admin
Site Admin

Snooker Bug

Post by 9balldotcom »

Ok heres this bug
1. Colours only left on the table.
2.One player($tevoUK) plays a shot and leaves opponent a freeball
3.Second player(therealcuemaster) nominates the brown as his freeball(as they were on the yellow ball ihe brown is therfore an extra yellow)However after playing and hitting the brown ball......it rolls and obstructs $tevo on the ball on which was the yellow ball....thus leaving $tevo a freeball in return.
Got that so far?
4.However $tevo refuses the freeball....and decides to shoot the ball on WHICH SHOULD HAVE BEEN THE YELLOW...but the game called a foul saying that he had missed the ball on.
We didnt realise what had happened till we replayed it,but the game had actually kept the original freeball(the brown which really was an extra yellow)as the ball on.

Firstly $tevo shouldnt have needed to choose the colour...the game assumed hed have a freeball and was therfore forcing him to make a FREEBALL choice only,which in reality he wouldnt need to.So in the end thats why it called a foul on him.

And secondly how is Celeris going to recreate this bug in game to fix it? :fart:
vpeer
VIP
VIP

Re: Snooker Bug

Post by vpeer »

That is a good enough description to find and fix, thanks
Fluke[FIN]
Hustler
Hustler

Re: Snooker Bug

Post by Fluke[FIN] »

Another bug:

Maybe this would belong to the "Next Gen suggestions"-topic, but I concider this as a kind of easy-to-fix -bug so I'll just post it here:

In short, the screenshot naming system fails: Launch the game, take some screenshots by pressing F11 -> there will be -jpg -files in the game folder: vp3ss000.jpg, vp3ss001.jpg, vp3ss002.jpg and so on. Seems to work so far. Then shut down the game, re-launch it and take some new screenshots. What the game does, its not continueing the naming from the first free available alphabetical name (which would be vp3ss003.jpg) but starts from again from the begining (vp3ss000) and overwriting the older pics.

Whenever I make a great break on snooker, lets say 20+ points, I got to make sure that after I finish the game I need to rename or move those pics into some other folder for safer place from the evil actions of Vp3.