VP3 DL Version 3.3.1.1 Problems

Use this forum to chat with the makers of VP3DL, ask guestions, offer suggestions or even just tell them how much you like the game. Post VP3DL bug reports here. Please post any next gen suggestions in the Virtual Pool 3 Nextgen forum.

Moderators: 9balldotcom, vpeer

The Legend
Wannabe
Wannabe

VP3 DL Version 3.3.1.1 Problems

Post by The Legend »

Hi There,
I recently played a game of Pool in Challenge mode and on finishing the program popped up a message saying I could no longer play until I created a new player and would not let me play another game so I took the option of updating to version 3.3.1.1 and it installed OK. I can start VP3 OK and I can setup a player and I can even play snooker in tornament mode or in fact change settings etc but I cannot do anything or play any games in challenge mode.

I am running Windows Vista Ultimate 32 bit with 2 gig ram and Pentium 4 processor.

Can you help please ???

Thank you very much

Best Regards
Mike T.
The Legend
Wannabe
Wannabe

Re: VP3 DL Version 3.3.1.1 Problems

Post by The Legend »

Sorry - Forgot to say that when I set up a new player and click on challenge to play Pool pub mode the screen goes blank and just stays like that ???
9balldotcom
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by 9balldotcom »

Im making an assumption that when you say your trying to set a challenge mode game that your doing this online in gamespy?
If you are and the screens goign blank then its one of two things thats the problem.
1.You have a firewall that has not been configured to allow vp3 to run or let it have access through your firewall.
2. You are using a router to access the internet and you MUST allow vp3 to run by opening certain ports in your firewall in order to rectify this problem.

There is a help post here check this out viewtopic.php?f=21&t=1316

You can also use a specially made programme to open the ports in your router that allows vp3 to run....go here to check it out and read all the info and follow all the instructions first.
http://polonet.agilityhoster.com/poloroute.html

If your still having problems then drop into the vp3 lobby on gamespy for help.
The Legend
Wannabe
Wannabe

Post by The Legend »

Thanks for the swift reply .....

No I am not using Gamespy and its not installed at all - I am playing the game against my computer
The funny thing is that it has been working fine for years probably until I played the top player for £10,000, then it crashed as above
9balldotcom
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by 9balldotcom »

Unfortunately Im not familiar with offline play and I dont play offline,I only play online with humans so havent encounteredthe problems that you mention
Perhaps someone else might be able to assist you.

Why not join in some online games anyway thats the way of becoming a vp3 legend........ :pottytrain5:
The Legend
Wannabe
Wannabe

Post by The Legend »

Thanks for the replies ..............

Sent a message to Celeris and found ffdshow was the problem - I had Vista codec pack installed and its part of that.
Removed it and all is now well - Thanks again
Hanterp
Banger
Banger

Post by Hanterp »

When I try to hit the bal slowly, moving my mouse forward slowly, on occasions the game suddenly plays the shot while I am still moving the mouse forward, resulting in a shot where the white bareley moves. I have a Logitech G5 mouse. Maybe a patch can be released for that?
I tried many mouse-sensitivity settings but the problem occurs with all the settings.
To clearify, If I want to move the cue ball half the table, with this problem the ball only moves one or two millimeters!
Hanterp
Banger
Banger

Post by Hanterp »

Solved it. My mouse pad is all red and I just putted some lines on it :-k
AlinVille
V9BWC 2007,08

Post by AlinVille »

Hanterp wrote:Solved it. My mouse pad is all red and I just putted some lines on it :-k
You shouldn't have problems with the G5 on any kind of surface if you updated the firmware to the latest version (1.2).
Hanterp
Banger
Banger

Post by Hanterp »

AlinVille wrote: You shouldn't have problems with the G5 on any kind of surface if you updated the firmware to the latest version (1.2).
You are right; I checked the installed firmware and that was the wrong one. Some CID-generic optical mouse driver.
I googled for the 1.2 firmware for the G5 mouse and installed it.
Thanks for helping me out :)
Albinario
V8BWC 2006 VCWC 2007 VWSC 2008/2010

Post by Albinario »

That's what I'm here for.
AlinVille
V9BWC 2007,08

Post by AlinVille »

Oops wrong log-in.
polomint77
Banger
Banger

Post by polomint77 »

AlinVille wrote:Oops wrong log-in.
LMAO
DISCLAIMER
All opinions expressed by myself are just that, opinions of *mine*. They are in no way anyone elses.
If you disagree with them, then please feel free to take it up with you local drunkard, hooker, or local drug dealer. Just don’t bother me with it because I couldn’t care less.