blank video upon first defeating room boss (and hang)

Use this forum to chat with the makers of VP3DL, ask guestions, offer suggestions or even just tell them how much you like the game. Post VP3DL bug reports here. Please post any next gen suggestions in the Virtual Pool 3 Nextgen forum.

Moderators: 9balldotcom, vpeer

butty111
Wannabe
Wannabe

blank video upon first defeating room boss (and hang)

Post by butty111 »

Hi all,
Ever since I've been using VP3DL, whenever I beat a room boss for the first time, the video plays but does not show. The game then hangs, and i have to hit the reset switch.
Does anybody know what VP3DL uses to play these vids, and what I can do to stop this happening?
Help would be appreciated. Many thanks, Andy.
Nam[BE]
Banger
Banger

Post by Nam[BE] »

Hi. I had this problem too. I happened to use media player classic as default player for my videos, and the problem disappeared when I reassigned avi and/or mov files to Windows Media Player by default.
Hope that helps.

BTW Hello all :)
:manure:
sharkey9
VWSC 2007

Post by sharkey9 »

NamfatTitan wrote:Hi. I had this problem too.
Yeah, as if you ever beated any boss! :bs:
I'm made of metal
My circuits gleam
I am perpetual
I keep the country clean
vpeer
VIP
VIP

Post by vpeer »

We have had problems with video on some system with ffdshow installed. The ffdshow DirectShow filter (which is something like a codec) is used to modify video streams and was probably either installed by you or came with other media players/editors that were installed. In ffdshow setup go to the 'info & debug' section and tick the box 'don't use ffdshow in' and add the VP3 executable (vp3dl.exe) in the path list. If that does not fix the problem, try uninstalling ffdshow. You probably don't need it unless you have specifically set up your media player to use it.