Loud Rude Thumping when shooting

Use this forum to chat with the makers of VP3DL, ask guestions, offer suggestions or even just tell them how much you like the game. Post VP3DL bug reports here. Please post any next gen suggestions in the Virtual Pool 3 Nextgen forum.

Moderators: 9balldotcom, vpeer

conniegeo1
Wannabe
Wannabe

Loud Rude Thumping when shooting

Post by conniegeo1 »

I have a problem with loud and rude thumping as im in the process of shooting when im winning with Career . 4-5 times in a row . In real pool this would be a disqualification ,more evidence of the inteligence of the creator i suppose . Geo :strokeit:
DARKH0RSE
Banger
Banger

Post by DARKH0RSE »

I think you may find its a feature to let you know when the but of your cue is being obstructed
people need to learn "its a game , and a game by definition can be either won or lost .
If you take away the ability to win or lose you are no longer playing a game and your time is not spent challenging your skill over another's instead your time is now worthless and wasted.
Nam[BE]
Banger
Banger

Post by Nam[BE] »

lmao
:manure:
9balldotcom
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by 9balldotcom »

Yes what youll find is that your cuieng the butt of the cue against either the cush or another ball....this noise is to let you know your shot is being impeded.
Sophisticated Beggar
hall Owner
hall Owner

Post by Sophisticated Beggar »

Funny
Freeball

Post by Freeball »

Fancy not knowing that......twerp
Hobbes99
Bouncer
Bouncer

Post by Hobbes99 »

*ahehe* alright guys, go easy on him ... ^_^

In all seriousness, though, I do have one minor gripe regarding the obstruction warning sound effect that I would love to see considered for future iterations of the game.

I don't know if others have experienced this, but the more familiar I become with the game, the more swiftly I take my shots. Invariably, this means that by the time I've registered the sound of the 'thump', I've already struck the ball - and invariably with less than desirable consequences.

Now, to be fair, as time has gone on, I've become more accutely and instinctively aware of when the butt of the cue might be obstructed - so I compensate as a matter of course - but it's not a perfect solution.

It would be great to have the obstruction indicator as an (optional?) visual aid, either instead of, or alongside the existing audio warning.

Oh, and happy new year, everyone! :occasion2:
Nam[BE]
Banger
Banger

Post by Nam[BE] »

Happy new year to you too Hobbes.
It could also be like a kind of radar, a miniature replication of the table, seen from above maybe, like a thumbnail in the corner of the screen, that we could also use as help when getting out of snookers, and playing cushions in a more general way... I miss the easiness of just stepping aside in real life, to just check the angle. But I guess this could by no means bring an arcade style to the game, like the aim aid thing...
I guess I'm a lazy purist...
Sophisticated Beggar
hall Owner
hall Owner

Post by Sophisticated Beggar »

I'd get rid of the sound altogether. I'm no expert but surely in the real world nobody plays in such a way, with such an angle that the cue butt hits a rail or cushion?

Maybe sometimes players have to careful with the cueing hand and when leaning over the table to make sure no balls are brushed when stroking the cue. If balls are touched, then it is a foul.
AlinVille
V9BWC 2007,08

Post by AlinVille »

Sophisticated Beggar wrote:I'd get rid of the sound altogether. I'm no expert but surely in the real world nobody plays in such a way, with such an angle that the cue butt hits a rail or cushion?
Indeed, nobody has that problem in real life, you will never see someone's cue hitting the cushion while shooting.

I think the butt of the cue should just be raised automatically at the minimum angle in order for it not to be obstructed. Everytime.
Nam[BE]
Banger
Banger

Post by Nam[BE] »

AlinVille wrote: Indeed, nobody has that problem in real life, you will never see someone's cue hitting the cushion while shooting.
Maybe in snooker, because the table is wide enough for the cue to be entirely above the table. It happened to me several times.
The indication is useful when your butt is hampered by another ball. It happens more on vp3, because you can play shots where you would lean over the table in real life, and even use a spider or another instrument, even on pool tables.
The simulation would be complete if you could disturb balls with the butt if you don't pay attention, resulting in a foul and the balls being scattered all over the table. Oh ok, I see why this isn't a good idea... lol