D3D initialization failure

Use this forum to chat with the makers of VP3DL, ask guestions, offer suggestions or even just tell them how much you like the game. Post VP3DL bug reports here. Please post any next gen suggestions in the Virtual Pool 3 Nextgen forum.

Moderators: 9balldotcom, vpeer

inthepocket
Wannabe
Wannabe

D3D initialization failure

Post by inthepocket »

Just got a new 22 monitor Samsung 225BW connected by Digital cabe into a Radeon 9250 Graphics card but now game wont run. Getting D3D initialization Failure. Any suggestions appriciated
zwylle
Cuemaster
Cuemaster

Post by zwylle »

Happened to me too, when I changed my primary monitor.
You'll have to re-install.
Wannabe

Post by inthepocket »

I Have reinstalled, same problem occured. I have also updated evrything i can think of. Drivers for graphics card and monitor, DirectX and my sound card and changed target path per suggestions from Celeris help. :sign6: :sign6: :sign6:
zwylle
Cuemaster
Cuemaster

Post by zwylle »

If you run DXDIAG and the tests all pass and all other games work, then it should be the game installation.

There may be some registry entries left after using the regular uninstaller.
Cleaning out those should help.
Before you do that, make sure that you have your serial number handy, you'll need it after that clean-up.
Don't forget to reboot before you re-install.

Good luck!