Virtual pools 3d design

Use this forum to chat with the makers of VP3DL, ask guestions, offer suggestions or even just tell them how much you like the game. Post VP3DL bug reports here. Please post any next gen suggestions in the Virtual Pool 3 Nextgen forum.

Moderators: 9balldotcom, vpeer

mocochoco
Wannabe
Wannabe

Virtual pools 3d design

Post by mocochoco »

Hi,

would you be able to let me know what program you use for your 3d design editing in virtual pool?

many thanks
mocochoco
Wannabe
Wannabe

Post by mocochoco »

Basically, i was just wondering if it would be possible for me to edit some of the graphics in the rooms for my particular game? I know this is possible with other games on the market and was hoping it would be with this.

Thanks in advance
deraltefritz
Banger
Banger

Post by deraltefritz »

Yes, it would really be nice to be able to edit stuff like table and ball textures.
Not that I have any idea about such things, but Diddly and the rest would surely produce some nice new flavors for the rest of us, and waiting on gold wouldn't seem so long.
9balldotcom
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by 9balldotcom »

I thought there was mention of this on the vp gold suggestions post....might be worth a look back there.

Not sure if Steve mentioned the feasability of that or how easy it would be.
vpeer
VIP
VIP

Post by vpeer »

Speaking for the NextGen product as that would be the one we might allow modification on, we use 3DStudio Max. Just using Max to edit rooms is not enough though. The room needs to have lighting processed then output and converted to our format. We could provide a tool to allow conversion to our format or do it for people you made modifications. If the lighting is left the same, the lighting model could be reprocessed with a few simple steps. Changing the lighting requires more complete knowledge of radiosity models.