Saving games

Use this forum to chat with the makers of VP3DL, ask guestions, offer suggestions or even just tell them how much you like the game. Post VP3DL bug reports here. Please post any next gen suggestions in the Virtual Pool 3 Nextgen forum.

Moderators: 9balldotcom, vpeer

Albinario
V8BWC 2006 VCWC 2007 VWSC 2008/2010

Saving games

Post by Albinario »

Am I the only having having problems with the automatic save games online?

I'm talking about when a player disconnects the room and you get an option to click "keep" or "remove". My saves very rarely stick when i click "keep", which can be annoying.
9balldotcom
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by 9balldotcom »

How often do you empty your save games folder??

I check mine on a regular basis never get problems like your describing.

I also remove all saved games not required
Albinario

Post by Albinario »

I only have 8 saved games or so at the moment, so i don't think that's the problem. As far as I can remember, I've been having thos problems for a long time, but lately almost none of my saves work, except for those I do through the main menu.
Sophisticated Beggar
hall Owner
hall Owner

Post by Sophisticated Beggar »

I tend to try and avoid the 'keep and remove' nag screen. Even though I haven't had any problems, I always goto 'Save Game' before my opponent leaves as you have decribed.

But on the odd occasion I do use it, everything is fine.

And it really shouldn't matter how many game saves you already have. I have almost 150.

Have you searched elsewhere for your missing game saves? Maybe a path is wrong or they goto Interplay, not Celeris....only a thought.
Albinario

Post by Albinario »

I've tried that now, and they don't exist. It's annoying when there are unintentional disconnections and u have to start over cause the save is nowhere to be found.