VP3 Bought from a gamestore

Use this forum to chat with the makers of VP3DL, ask guestions, offer suggestions or even just tell them how much you like the game. Post VP3DL bug reports here. Please post any next gen suggestions in the Virtual Pool 3 Nextgen forum.

Moderators: 9balldotcom, vpeer

Anonymous

VP3 Bought from a gamestore

Post by Anonymous »

Hi there!

I just bought VP3 on CD from a local gamestore and I am satisfied but also surprised...

I mean just that I was expecting to get the JLee version but I got Curly version (even better) and that raises one question, so here you go:

The fact is that it is not JLee version, so can I use the updates on celeris webpage? (even though it reads on the page that only for the DL version)

My version number is 3.1.1.8

Thanks anyway, Awesome game! :walk:
zwylle
Cuemaster
Cuemaster

Post by zwylle »

The only way for you to use the recent patches is to upgrade to VP3DL.

As owner of the Curly CD you are eligible for a rebate and it only costs 7.95$.

Check here for more info: http://www.vp3help.com/vp3dl.php

Post by Anonymous »

Oh man, I'm getting frustrated because it seems that soon everything has to be bought through the internet, using credit cards or paypal...darn I hate it, hate it because I'm not going to take paypal account and I don't have a credit card. It's just so f**kin sad to see that every customer isn't a dear customer for businessmen these days.

:protest:

Thanks for the information though, at least I know now.
Albinario
V8BWC 2006 VCWC 2007 VWSC 2008/2010

Post by Albinario »

downloadling from the internet saves the environment, no need for shipping and packaging. go internet go.
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

Not necessarily though...in my case it takes this to go shopping:

I take a walk to a bus stop -> It's good for my health
I take a bus -> The bus would go there anyway so....
I go out from the bus and walk to a store -> good for health
I buy a product by dealing with emplyees in the store -> It's social contact, good for people and I get the product right away :)
I walk back to buss stop -> Good for health
I take the bus back home ->It would be going anyway so...
I go out from the bus and walk home -> Good for health

It takes this to buy online:

I turn my computer on -> it would not necessarily be on so wasting energy
I fill the form's needed to buy -> Don't like this action very much
After the order I pay -> Going to take at least few days to get the product because money doesn't move in a second. Frustrating......
Enough waiting and I get a download link -> Still waiting for the download time to end...few hundred MB's to go......
Finally I get the product -> happy but tired

I have bought things using the internet and a EU Bank transfer. It is ok way to buy, but you got to be patient.
:groupies:
Sophisticated Beggar
hall Owner
hall Owner

Post by Sophisticated Beggar »

Teemu78 wrote:Not necessarily though...in my case it takes this to go shopping:

I take a walk to a bus stop -> get run over:- Bad for Health
Don't forget the amount of energy that is needed in the food processing plants in order to supply you enough energy to walk to your bus stop.

It just gets silly
Sophisticated Beggar
hall Owner
hall Owner

Teemu78 wrote:Not necessarily though...in my case it takes this to go shopping:

II buy a product by dealing with emplyees in the store -> It's social contact, good for people and I get the product right away :)
These people are trained to be nice, only a handful actually mean it.

And also, you just contradicted yourself as you didn't get the right product right away!

See how even sillier it gets?
Sophisticated Beggar
hall Owner
hall Owner

Teemu78 wrote:After the order I pay -> Going to take at least few days to get the product because money doesn't move in a second. Frustrating......
Enough waiting and I get a download link -> Still waiting for the download time to end...few hundred MB's to go......
Finally I get the product -> happy but tired
It took minutes for mine to come through and saved me sooo much effort which may or may not be a bad thing.
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

These people are trained to be nice, only a handful actually mean it.

Mostly true, I know that, I have been in a school studying commercial stuff and I've spent some moments on the other side of the counter too.
Also I think their attitude towards us is dependant of our behavior, just as it goes vice versa.

And also, you just contradicted yourself as you didn't get the right product right away!

Yeah, I did not get the JLee version, I got newer and better. Right away.
But the fact that I did not get the updates isn't my fault and it isn't
the seller's fault either; It is because you have to make another purchase
to get the game updated.

But every other time when I've been in a store to buy games, I have got
what I wanted and quite instantly too.

Of course those download times depend on the size to download and speed of your connection but I still do like to do shopping in the traditional way. Although I'm not saying internet shopping is totally bad, because I also do internet shopping when EU Bank transfer is available.

I admit that I am used to buy a game and get updates included for the price paid; not used to buying one game twice, or even one and a half times. When it comes to VP3, I'd might want to do an exception if it just would be available in a way that would make me a happy customer.

Although I share your thoughts about that it's nice to see someone updating a piece of software so long time. It just makes me wonder when it will cost us a monthly fee to play....

Some time ago salesmen came and wanted us to buy their product. They were happy and grateful if we did. These days this is not enough; Now they want to bound us, to make us dependant of their products: If and when someone falls into that, they'll slowly suck the life out of him. Every year businesses has to grow. grow, grow and grow again. I don't mean to point this on celeris, but this situation just reminds me of what I see around us every day.

Well, maybe that's enough sharing my feelings this time.