Should the rails be slowed down?

Use this forum to chat with the makers of VP3DL, ask guestions, offer suggestions or even just tell them how much you like the game. Post VP3DL bug reports here. Please post any next gen suggestions in the Virtual Pool 3 Nextgen forum.

Moderators: 9balldotcom, vpeer

Poll ended at Tue Dec 19, 2006 11:27 am

Yes.
45%
No.
20%
I don't care.
35%

Total votes: 20

zwylle
Cuemaster
Cuemaster

Post by zwylle »

Hi,

I've heard some folks say that the rails are too fast in 3237.
Do you think they should be slowed down with another patch?

Please vote.
Banger

Post by Nam[BE] »

Same as Sharkey's previous comment: everyone wants to feel like home, but everyone's home is different!!! So let's settle with this!
Sophisticated Beggar
hall Owner
hall Owner

Post by Sophisticated Beggar »

I've been watching the table speed of the Mosconi Cup that's being played at the moment, and it seems that the table is ultra-fast as any moisture that could have bedded into the cloth has gone, due to TV lights.

Champ settings on this new patch seem to emulate this same condition.

Also, I'm sure TD's will host pro or custom tournaments should enough players want it.

So really the patch does not control how we want to play. If you want to emulate an old table, change the settings.

And those who love 3099 - even that is no where near like a 'normal' table. It has always been quick as it adds to the playabilty and arcade type of play.

Like it has been said, it seems players don't like change.

I voted I don't care, but I must a little.
M-aster_1989_de
Hustler
Hustler

Post by M-aster_1989_de »

same opinion as namfat titan and sophisticated beggar

first: the tables (and rail speeds) at the main tour of snooker are different, too.

second: nothing to add to sophisticated beggar's comment.
Oh Well!

best regards
Marc
------
GSA-names:
M-aster_1989[ger] to play tournaments
Master_1989[TD] to host tournaments
cuts&banks
Wannabe
Wannabe

Post by cuts&banks »

I vote slower. Change the speed back to 3225. If an angle reversal issue needs resolved in the 3225 patch, then resolve it. FFS they gotta stop messing drastically with things that totally impact game play.

As somebody pointed out, people don't like change. Part of my argument is the rail speed (and table speed) in the original DL one year ago was dead compared to 3099. After numerous years of the 3099 characteristics we had to adjust to DL's "dead" rails and cloth. Now it's one year down the road and the "dead" rails and cloth of DL are being replaced with the turbo-spring sensation of 3099. Go figure......

I find it ironic a large consensus expressed how smooth DL played and how it was more realistic than 3099. Now one year removed from DL's introduction, we see a revert back to 3099 caliber rail and table speed. There seems to be a consensus that 3237 captures reality better than 3225. Honestly I don't recall any names but it seems quite a few folks now are saying the 37 patch is just fine and way back one year ago quite a few folks were saying DL was just fine. I guess it is safe to assume they "just don't care". LOL. Fast or slow, matters not to many folks I guess.

The Mosconi cup example above, is that snooker you are talking about? I confess I've never played a snooker table in real life (barely seen one!! and even then it's never in use when I'm there shootin on regular tables!). Are snooker tables really ultra fast (faster than regular tables?) like the new patch seems to be? If so, then tweak Loch Lomond and be done with it.

IMO 3099's speed overall is a better blend than 3237's. I fired up 09 offline and shot a few racks. It's far more workable IMO than 3237. Even after one year of playing DL up through 3225, I find it easier to go from DL/3225 to 3099 than to go to DL/3225 to 3237.
Tattooz
hall Owner
hall Owner

Post by Tattooz »

of course the transition from 3225 to 3237 is going to be different. The whole purpose of having new patches is to 'fix' things. When things get 'fixed' they will be different than before. No matter what changes they make to the game there will always be someone bitching about it. Having new patch every 3 weeks is kinda silly IMO. Lets figure out wtf we want and try keeping it that way for a while
cuts&banks
Wannabe
Wannabe

Post by cuts&banks »

Was rail speed something that was broken? If so, it's been broken since DL hit the desktop one year ago. Patch 3217 or there-abouts was the time to "fix" rail speed, not one year later after the entire world has adjusted to pre-3237 DL patches.
Sophisticated Beggar
hall Owner
hall Owner

Post by Sophisticated Beggar »

Snooker tables are much faster, yes. For many reasons, 1 being that the tables are not in pubs etc and are treated better than pub tables, plus many more snooker tournaments are televised and the tables have been changed so that it is more exciting to watch on TV.

The Mosconi Cup is only one of the most prestigious and well known 9 ball tournaments - Europe Vs USA