VP3DL 3237

Use this forum to chat with the makers of VP3DL, ask guestions, offer suggestions or even just tell them how much you like the game. Post VP3DL bug reports here. Please post any next gen suggestions in the Virtual Pool 3 Nextgen forum.

Moderators: 9balldotcom, vpeer

Anonymous

VP3DL 3237

Post by Anonymous »

Hi
I have noticed when playing English pub rules that a foul is not called when pocketing an opponents ball. I have played all over the UK and have never come across this rule. The only occasion that pocketing an opponents ball is permitted is on the free shot following a foul

At the end of a frame it is very common for a players ball to be right on a pocket but obscured by the opponents remaining ball. It is obvious in this position, without the foul rule that exists in the UK that a player will simply roll both balls into the pocket by hitting the opponents ball first in a combination shot.

Basically, potting an opponents ball even in the same stroke as potting one of your own should be called as a foul.the one exception is as stated above. Would it be difficult to provide a patch to fix this for those who like to play the rules they play in the pub.

I will be interested to hear any views on this.
Cheers Mike
Nam[BE]
Banger
Banger

Post by Nam[BE] »

I'll have a quick answer on that. Many rules exist in 8-ball pub. To my knowledge, there are two main sets of rules for what we call English 8-ball pool, at least rules that world championships are organized with. I'll give the link later on, if you're interested. So no "patch" needed to "fix" anything.
However, it's a request already put to the game's makers to make rules customizable somewhat....
pk
Bouncer
Bouncer

Post by pk »

The rules that are in Vp3 are "SuperLeague" or BAPTO rules. In these rules, it is perfectly acceptable to pot your opponents ball, either:

- when potting one of your own in the same shot
- in the first shot of two visits after a foul.

The other main set of rules are "World Rules". In these rules, the only time you are allowed to pot (or hit) your opponents ball without fouling is when you are "foul snookered" i.e. a "free ball" situation (as in snooker) following your opponent committing a standard foul.

As stated, there are many variations on these rules throughout the UK. "Blackball" rules have also been introduced which are a direct amalgamation of the two.
Nam[BE]
Banger
Banger

Post by Nam[BE] »

pk? Am I dreaming? :D
Anonymous

VP3DL 3237

Post by Anonymous »

Hi
Thanks for your replies, as an average pub player I don't get to see those more professional rules, however, fine, I will adapt and wait for the possibility of being able to adjust the rules.
Thanks Mike
pk
Bouncer
Bouncer

Post by pk »

Not at all.... I'm :gagme: at the minute so was bored and had a look in... pool rules is something I know about so thought I could contribute... actually got myself a copy of VP3 DL, might be back online to play a few games sometime in the near future - bet zwylle and the hubby will be delighted to hear that :mumum: :groupies:
vpeer
VIP
VIP

Post by vpeer »

Rule variations will be addressed in next gen.