Stun bug or not?

Use this forum to chat with the makers of VP3DL, ask guestions, offer suggestions or even just tell them how much you like the game. Post VP3DL bug reports here. Please post any next gen suggestions in the Virtual Pool 3 Nextgen forum.

Moderators: 9balldotcom, vpeer

Is there a stun bug in VP3 3230

Yes, and it's shown in this savegame file stun.vpg
57%
Yes, but this is not it
14%
No, there is no stun bug in VP3 3230
14%
No, there never was a stun bug, it's just normal physics
No votes
I don't know or I'm not sure
14%

Total votes: 7

zwylle
Cuemaster
Cuemaster

Stun bug or not?

Post by zwylle »

Is there a stun bug in VP3 3230?

We keep talking about a certain bug, the stun bug and I'm not sure if everyone thinks of it as the same.

http://www.vp3help.com/dls/stun.vpg is a save game file (3230 only!) someone gave me to show, that the stun bug is back in 3230.
To check it out download it to your desktop and doubleclick it.
After VP3 opened hit R.

However the person I got it from, said that it's something that occurs in real pool too, so it may not really be a bug, more a physical phenomenon.

What do you think?
hall Owner

Post by Sophisticated Beggar »

From my limited knowlegde of the real game I cannot see anything wrong with that shot. It was played with a little draw but at a slow pace that 'kills' the speed off the cue ball when contact is made with the object ball.

But then again, I never knew what the stun bug was anyway.......
Nam[BE]
Banger
Banger

Post by Nam[BE] »

It's a delicate one. My experience of the stun bug is rather when you play a ball just off straight with a stun shot (just below center of the cue ball) and at a certain pace, and that the object ball just goes straight and misses the pocket. Just like the kicks in real snooker (and pool too)
The skid shot of sharkey leaves me with a strange taste too, as the english on the cue ball is just a touch on the right and that he misses on the near jaw....
However, i said it's delicate because it could all be an optical illusion (or whatever it's called).
What I am sure about is that I had no problem with the "stun bug" in 3225, and now the feeling is back.
I'll try and save a file to show "my" stun bug lol
sharkey9
VWSC 2007

Post by sharkey9 »

no franck, you need to try the shot yourself with different pace. shoot the same shot harder or slower and it goes straight in. it is like a kick indeed.

actually the stun bug occurs not only at stun shots, also at skid shots as you described this one.

and it does that when the cueball is just a tad before losing its rotation before the contact with the object ball.
I'm made of metal
My circuits gleam
I am perpetual
I keep the country clean
sharkey9
VWSC 2007

Post by sharkey9 »

nice examples Alin
I'm made of metal
My circuits gleam
I am perpetual
I keep the country clean
Sophisticated Beggar
hall Owner
hall Owner

Post by Sophisticated Beggar »

Can you make .vpg's of those bud?
sharkey9
VWSC 2007

Post by sharkey9 »

Use Alins trickshot setup and fiddle around with the settings, try using "E" "F", vary tip position and see how the path of the 9 changes. Even when you change tracking force the path changes when you raise or lower your tip.
It IS true that a draw shot needs to be aimed a little bit thinner and its also true that, depending on pace and low/high tip position, shots have to be aimed differently but VP3 is way off here.
3230 behaves like 3099, exactly the same.
Even 3225 showed that effect BUT way less thus much more natural.
I'm made of metal
My circuits gleam
I am perpetual
I keep the country clean