AZERTY keyboards

Use this forum to chat with the makers of VP3DL, ask guestions, offer suggestions or even just tell them how much you like the game. Post VP3DL bug reports here. Please post any next gen suggestions in the Virtual Pool 3 Nextgen forum.

Moderators: 9balldotcom, vpeer

Nam[BE]
Banger
Banger

AZERTY keyboards

Post by Nam[BE] »

As many other players, my keyboard is azerty not qwerty. I'm used to it but i find it uncomfortable, and archaic, not to be able to type with my usual keyboard layout in VP3. Each time i reinstalled the game during these 6 years the first player i created was named nq,fqttitqn lol. Please change that. Thanks.
Last edited by Nam[BE] on Wed Oct 04, 2006 5:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
9balldotcom
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by 9balldotcom »

Eh?
Sophisticated Beggar
hall Owner
hall Owner

Post by Sophisticated Beggar »

nq,fqttitqn are the letters for NamfatTitan, I guess.

I noticed the 'n', 'f', 'i' & 't' are still in the same place.

Could you not re-arrange the keys on your keyboard and then edit the ASCII table?
Nam[BE]
Banger
Banger

Post by Nam[BE] »

hey Tone,
My keyboard is not dysfunctional. I don't say i can't write it... I just say it's uncomfortable. I know for many years now that a=q, w=z, ,=m and so on. I won't change my keyboard layout for only one game.
I started playing pc games 12-13 years ago and 90% of my games were in dos, using qwerty keyboards. That's why I also speak about archaism.......because VP3 is about the only game I have which doesn't fit the user keyboard.
Last edited by Nam[BE] on Wed Oct 04, 2006 5:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
Nam[BE]
Banger
Banger

Post by Nam[BE] »

9BALLDOTCOM wrote:Eh?
Is it my bad English Hugh? :P
Are ppl in the Uk and Us aware that many other countries use azerty keyboards?

9balldotcom
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by 9balldotcom »

Wasnt aware the layout was different at all.
deraltefritz
Banger
Banger

Post by deraltefritz »

Wow that is annoying.
German layout is qwertz, so only the letters y and z are switched,
whereas for you it's quite a few letters.
I usually use the english qwerty though because it's a lot better for programming, but I have to do without the german letters ö,ä,ü,ß.
But it doesn't appears as if you have any of those special letters, so why not switch to qwerty?

By the way, does anybody know whether it is possible to edit keyboard layouts, so that perhaps I could have those special letters in combination with pressing alt or something?
Sophisticated Beggar
hall Owner
hall Owner

Post by Sophisticated Beggar »

deraltefritz wrote:By the way, does anybody know whether it is possible to edit keyboard layouts, so that perhaps I could have those special letters in combination with pressing alt or something?
Yes it is possible although I cannot remember how its done...forgotten knowledge.....
Editing the ACSII table maybe.
In XP you can use the Character Map in System Tools to use the Alt + 4 digit number.

ﮖﯓﯓﭾﯓﭾ╬ﯓﭾ╬№

☺⅛⅜⅝⅞

etc
Nam[BE]
Banger
Banger

Post by Nam[BE] »

My problem only exists in the particular case i described.. but I chat and type in general in azerty without any problem because applications take azerty keyboards in consideration.
ascii codes are shown in the bottom of the caracters table, so you can reproduce them without calling the caracter table for each separate caracter.