VP3 will not start.

Use this forum to chat with the makers of VP3DL, ask guestions, offer suggestions or even just tell them how much you like the game. Post VP3DL bug reports here. Please post any next gen suggestions in the Virtual Pool 3 Nextgen forum.

Moderators: 9balldotcom, vpeer

9balldotcom
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by 9balldotcom »

First thing we need to be sure of....is this happening offline or online when your in gamespy.??

It wont be compatability with your graphics card,cos nvidia card runs perfectly ok with vp3.

It could be your game path in gamespy thats causing the problem.To be sure it isnt tey looking at this help link first of all http://www.vp3help.com/online.php

If that still doesnt help then either get back to us here on the forum or drop into the Vp3 lobby for assistance
9balldotcom
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by 9balldotcom »

If your getting error messages offline......could be something like zone alarm or another type of firewall is detecting it and closing it down or preventing it running.

You will need to configure whatever firewall you may have running too in order to allow vp3 to run.
Nightwiz
Bouncer
Bouncer

Post by Nightwiz »

I am having the same issue. Let's see if it is the same issue.
Go into system restore and see if there is a line Software Distribution Service 2.0

If that is there then that is the issue I still haven't figured out how to fix it but I have 2 PC's with VP3 on it & I can't run it after install it works then the next day it stops working and the only thing that happens is that software automatically stats & stops and kills vp3. Calling Microsoft to figure it out.

More later

Wiz out
That's it ban everyone!!!!

:ban: :muffy:
Nightwiz
Bouncer
Bouncer

Post by Nightwiz »

I wish it were that easy, but this service does not show up under servies so I am trying another method I heard about on the net then I will post back to see if that solves the issue then you could try it on your PC who knows it might work lol

Wiz out
That's it ban everyone!!!!

:ban: :muffy:
9balldotcom
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by 9balldotcom »

I presume youve tried uninstalling it and doing a clean install again to see what happens?

Tha error happened to me first time i hadnt added it to exceptions list on windows firewall a long while back....i dont use windows firewall anymore but have got it sorted with my zone alarm.

Im a bit lost as to what else it is but no doubt if you keep checking someone wil come up with some other suggestions,although i think it sounds like the install has got corrupted in some way or other.
I may well be far off the mark.....no doubt ill be proved wrong I hope for your sake. gl with it
zwylle
Cuemaster
Cuemaster

Post by zwylle »

Wow, that's an interesting one.

Good research work and thanks for posting the solution.
I've included it in the VP3Help FAQ http://www.vp3help.com/faq/faq.php