GAMESPY ARCADE SOFTWARE

Play online, have fun, make friends. Discuss playing VP3DL online plus how to get started playing, setup that firewall, and use GameSpy Arcade.

Moderator: 9balldotcom

9balldotcom
Site Admin
Site Admin

GAMESPY ARCADE SOFTWARE

Post by 9balldotcom »

Its now official that Gamespy Arcade is all but dead as we had been thinking for some time now.
There are no longer any representatives of Gamespy and there is now no customer support in particular for registered accounts.This also means that should the hacker that had been disrupting the lobby as they have previously done then there are no people now to admin the lobby.
Although Gamespy Arcade isnt closing down completely......it might not be long before it does
What does this mean.?

What this means in the long term is that should we have any problems with the VP3 lobby and rooms not showing or any other sort of issue relating to the continued operation of the game through Gamespy,then is will be nothing done about it and that would finish VP3 through Gamespy.Remember though that there is still alternatives to allow you to play VP3 online,so I wouldnt be too bothered about it.

Its even more reason now that there is a Virtual Pool 4 and a proper home for it away from Gamespy.

This is what it says on the Gamespy Arcade support page.

Hey GameSpy Fans!
We are sad to say that it's time to say good-bye to GameSpy Arcade and GameSpy Arena. We will no longer be providing any support to these products or services. While they are still open to use if you wish, they are offered "AS-IS" and will not be supported.

We can't thank you enough for your years of loyalty to these GameSpy products!

P.S. If you were looking for login support for your game, head back over to your Game Publisher's support site. They will support your in-game login.
Hanterp
Banger
Banger

Re: GAMESPY ARCADE SOFTWARE

Post by Hanterp »

Before VP went to Gamespy arcade we came from KALI.
Is it no idea to go back?

http://www.kali.net/
9balldotcom
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by 9balldotcom »

No kali is and has been deader than GSA for years.

The simplest and easiest without any charge is Tunngle.
Hanterp
Banger
Banger

Post by Hanterp »

Never heared of Tunngle before.
Just took a look. Looks easy accessable and has a community.
It uses p2p; I think GS also uses p2p?
OnePocketSlim
Bouncer
Bouncer

Post by OnePocketSlim »

I'm hoping VP4 comes along fairly soon. I'm going through withdrawl. Since I've got a new computer, i'm unable to download gamespyarcade. the site sends me to Ign, where I try to log in and i get this image.
Ign.jpg
I don't have the original CD anymore which has the gamespyarcade software install.
9balldotcom
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by 9balldotcom »

Copy and paste this link into your browser http://gamespy-arcade.software.informer.com/
You can then download the last version of gamespy.

PS REMEMBER YOU MIGHT STILL HAVE ISSUES TRYING TO JOIN THE VP3 LOBBY WITH THIS NEED TO INSTALL MORE FILES MESSAGE SO GO HERE TO MY SITE AND DOWNLOAD THE SERVICES FOLDER AND REINSTALL THAT INTO THE MAIN GSA DIRECTORY SHOULD YOU NEED TO

Copy and paste this into your browser if you need to http://www.9balldotcom.co.uk/Services.rar
OnePocketSlim
Bouncer
Bouncer

Post by OnePocketSlim »

:lmao: @ ^
Thanks Hugh. Everything works. Have a pint on me. :pint:
mikejean
Wannabe
Wannabe

Post by mikejean »

thanks for nice and good idea here
its working now
mojoicus
Banger
Banger

Post by mojoicus »

Whats up with gamespy i cant even use it now when i look at my subscription it takes me to ign ??????? everything is grayed out
9balldotcom
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by 9balldotcom »

Theres nothing wrong with Gamespy,its still up and running.
Sounds to me you might need to go into your gamespy folder and delete all your profile numbers.
The profile numbers are about 7 or 8 digits long and once youve cleared them out then that will allow you to re log in again.
To re login youll need your mojoicus profile password and also your email that you used to register it with gamespy,that should allow you to log back in no problem.

Go to my computer or computer then open the gamespy folder then open the profiles folder and delete the numbers.

If that dont work then theres something else causing the problem.
mojoicus
Banger
Banger

Post by mojoicus »

It says im not a subscriber then when i go to subscribe im take to ign prime to sigh up cant do anything else cant even log out only exit and its a blank page no games showing??????????????
mojoicus
Banger
Banger

Post by mojoicus »

Sorted it hugh very bizzare

Thx
mate
Snookys
Wannabe
Wannabe

Post by Snookys »

Hi all , i havent played vp3 for donkeys years and just heard of vp4 and it looks great , i am trying to get vp3 set up again and downloaded gamespy arcade , i can see the vp3 room but gamespy is giving me a message that it is downloading configuration files but it doesnt seem to be, it just stays on that message and i cant get into the lobby :(
Snookys
Wannabe
Wannabe

Post by Snookys »

got it sorted now just seen 9balls services file download and it worked perfect , looking forward to be playing again :)