Challenge Rooms only to gain points??

Play online, have fun, make friends. Discuss playing VP3DL online plus how to get started playing, setup that firewall, and use GameSpy Arcade.

Moderator: 9balldotcom

Do you leave a Challenge Room after one loss?

Never.....I'm in it for fun
50%
Sometimes...depends on my mood
50%
Most times...when there's better shooters
No votes
Every time...my points are too precious
No votes

Total votes: 12

ScratchShark
Wannabe
Wannabe

Challenge Rooms only to gain points??

Post by ScratchShark »

I've noticed that most of the high scoring players leave the room after one loss. What is the point? Is the GSA scoring that important?
AlinVille
V9BWC 2007,08

Re: Challenge Rooms only to gain points??

Post by AlinVille »

Can't speak for others, but I rarely do that after just one loss; depends after how many racks the loss occurs. I don't think it's generally about the score (I personally don't give much thought to it) but about the waiting. I don't like waiting in line unless playing someone actually worth watching (not a slowroller, which is rare) or have stuff in background to check on while waiting. For me the aim in a challenge room is not to lose a rack for as long as possible, hence the name challenge. As a side note I remember I used to stay in certain challenge rooms for 3 hours straight back in the day... nowadays due to lack of players it's about 30 mins tops.
Poolminator
Hustler
Hustler

Post by Poolminator »

5th option:
sometimes, depends on people in the room waiting in line...
9balldotcom
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by 9balldotcom »

My method in a challenge room is this.
Ill go in a room and if i get a run together and win a few racks fine,but if theres 4 or more in it and i lose Ill generally leave simply cos i dont like waiting around.
ScratchShark
Wannabe
Wannabe

Post by ScratchShark »

It's better than waiting in the lobby...... yeah, and I remember playing those $.50 tables and playing all night on the losers change.
zwylle
Cuemaster
Cuemaster

Post by zwylle »

If I just want to play VP3, no other tasks, I probably leave after a couple of losses, if there are more than 3 other players in a room.
I don't like to wait and most people (including myself) don't play well enough that they would be worth watching.

If I'm in a room with just 2 or 3 other players and feel like we all match up well (or they play better than I do), I can stay in there for hours.

Btw..
If there was an option "Often if there are no good or better players", I would have picked that.

Post by LarryL »

Yea, the time you have to wait is what determines how long I stay. Points don't even figure into the equation. Four or five good players the wait isn't too bad. Four or five neophytes and the wait can be excruciating.