Serious problem

Play online, have fun, make friends. Discuss playing VP3DL online plus how to get started playing, setup that firewall, and use GameSpy Arcade.

Moderator: 9balldotcom

mocochoco
Wannabe
Wannabe

Serious problem

Post by mocochoco »

Right iv just been upgraded to 8mb broadband and they have given me this BT home hub. Iv set up all the ports for virtual pool and gamespy i think and also a static ip address, but im still getting the message about my external ip is different to my internal ip when i try to create a room.

I cant even join rooms at the moment. It just stays at the 'connecting' screen when im joining.

Has anybody got any idea's what the problem could be? Im really starting to worry now..... i enjoy this game far to much to not be able to play it online and would appreciate any help with this.

Thanks in advance,

Pete
Nam[BE]
Banger
Banger

Post by Nam[BE] »

Many people had this problem and I didn't hear any clearcut answer as how to get round it. The most frequent one is "go to www.portforward.com "
I made a quick search on google and found that : http://portforward.com/networking/static-xp.htm
That's merely a hint, a way to check if you've done everything correctly.
Maybe if you'd give the exact model of your router...

I found that too : http://portforward.com/english/routers/ ... Arcade.htm

Is that your router?
mocochoco
Wannabe
Wannabe

Post by mocochoco »

Thanks Nam, thats the site i used. Im not sure of the model number, Its simply a bt home hub. I dont think its the same as the one they use in the tutorial, and the menu i have for mine is completely different, also the way you enter ports isnt the same so......

Il run through everything again tommorow, been trying to do this since i got home 5 hours ago so il try when im a bit more fresh.

Ta
zwylle
Cuemaster
Cuemaster

Post by zwylle »

I don't know if it is of any help for you particular hub, but here is a post on how someone else solved their internal/external IP problem:

http://www.vp3help.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=163
Wannabe

Post by Chocky »

I'm using a BT home hub as well, and I can join games OK. You'll need to login as admin to access the advanced section in the home hub, then go to Toolbox->Application Sharing and configure these ports:

Code: Select all

Protocol  Port Range
UDP       6500 - 6500
UDP       6700 - 6700
UDP       12300 - 12300
UDP       27900 - 27900
TCP       28900 - 28900
UDP       23000 - 23009
Any       60876 - 60976
Gamespy Arcade may already be in the drop-down list of pre-configured applications, but you can always add the ports manually if it's not. I still can't host games, mind :hmph:

Jim
mocochoco
Wannabe
Wannabe

Post by mocochoco »

Thanks for all your help everyone, its appreciated. Nothing seems to be working though, im beginning to think it may just be a problem with the router..... cant see what else it could be.
Chocky
Wannabe
Wannabe

Post by Chocky »

I actually had a lot of problems last night with my home hub after it had upgraded itself to version 6.2.2.6. What I did was to reset it to its factory settings, switched it off then on again, then went back in and set up all the port forwarding options again (adding ports 13139 and 29900 to the list).

Jim