just got vp3.would welcome some beginner advice tips.

General discussion for anything related to the Virtual Pool 3 DL game play including Career, Tournaments, Computer Opponents, Trick Shots, and Quick Play.

Moderator: 9balldotcom

racefaceec90
Wannabe
Wannabe

just got vp3.would welcome some beginner advice tips.

Post by racefaceec90 »

have been watching the snooker and really craving playing snooker (i used to in the past/not very well i must admit).

unfortunately the snooker club where i live has long gone :nay:

just got vp3 this week,and it is most excellent indeed.i love the trainer mode (where it shows all the angles e.t.c).

the problems start when i try and play career mode (on easy).

i cannot for the life of me pot to save my life.i try and imagine the angles that the trainer did,but i am way off the mark usually.as for being snookered (when i try and do any side shots e.t.c raise the cue butt,they are awful tbh).

i know the answer is to practice a lot,but i would like to do the career mode so i can buy some cues e.t.c (i am no way good enough to play online/my internet connection is rubbish also).

apologies for the numpty first post,but i would be very grateful for any advice tips e.t.c as to how to start playing better.

thanks a lot in advance :poolshark:
Hanterp
Banger
Banger

Re: just got vp3.would welcome some beginner advice tips.

Post by Hanterp »

First of all, why didn't you go for VP4? That one is just released and VP3 is roughly 10 years old.
About your problem: If I understand it correctly, you have problems with potting balls, right?
If so, you can try to use the ghost-ball in practice mode or the low levels.
That way you can learn where you must aim. If I remember correctly you can switch the ghost-ball on or off using the G-key.

Also you can find some tutorials and movies about pool.

A good movie about aiming to the gost-ball is here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qbmNcYH5 ... r_embedded#!
Watch at what is start to explain on the 30th second of that video.

That movie comes from a very good site how to learn pool ( or snooker, which uses the same aiming-technics ).
That site is here:
http://billiards.colostate.edu/pool_tutorial.html
racefaceec90
Wannabe
Wannabe

Re: just got vp3.would welcome some beginner advice tips.

Post by racefaceec90 »

thanks for the reply hanterp.

i will buy vp4 sometime,it just seemed better for me to get the third one first (as my pc is quite old).

will give what you said a try (and watch those linked videos also).

thanks a lot :yeah: