Deep Pockets Is Impossible

General discussion for anything related to the Virtual Pool 3 DL game play including Career, Tournaments, Computer Opponents, Trick Shots, and Quick Play.

Moderator: 9balldotcom

user1965
Wannabe
Wannabe

Deep Pockets Is Impossible

Post by user1965 »

Need some advice to help prevent me putting my Virtual Pool 3 disc in my paper shredder.

I've been doing pretty well in career mode playing snooker (the only game I play). Up until now, with careful play, smash and grab breaks and a bit of safety when needed, I've managed to beat the boss in each room. That is until Deep Pockets.

Every time the boss breaks off, he leaves nothing on and more often than not, snookers me behind one of the baulk colours. If I manage to make a decent break and leave nothing on, the boss manages to make an impossible pot or scatters the reds and manages to pot 1 or 2 of them. In open play, if I miss just one shot, the boss will go on to make a break of 40, 50 or 60+ points and win the frame. Making impossible shots in the process. Shots that you'd never see or even attempt.

It's pathetic and I've come to the conclusion that the only way to win is to stay in play from start to finish otherwise the boss just cleans up. That's hardly realistic or fair. The fun has now gone completely because try as I might, it seems impossible to beat the boss in Deep Pockets.

Any advice before I scrap this game forever?
zwylle
Cuemaster
Cuemaster

Re: Deep Pockets Is Impossible

Post by zwylle »

Sounds like you are not playing on Easy mode?
Wannabe

Re: Deep Pockets Is Impossible

Post by user1965 »

Yep, you were onto something there. I just checked and I'm on the medium difficulty setting. I guess that must be the default because I don't remember setting it when I started Career mode. Ho hum.

Still, for the boss to never miss once in play or if he does he always snookers me is a bit unrealistic.

Case in point, I just played a safety shot and got the cue ball right behind the brown in the baulk area. Only 1 or 2 reds were down and the rest were not that spread around. With the cue almost vertical, the boss just hit a swerve shot around the brown, potted a red, scattered the rest of the reds opening up several for easy subsequent pots and lined up on the black which was previously tied up and unpotable. I mean, really? What is the point of that?

Guess I'll start again on easy mode and see if it's more fun once I get to Deep Pockets again.

Thanks for the tip.

Cheers.