VP4 not runing - configuration is invalid!

General discussion for anything related to the Virtual Pool 3 DL game play including Career, Tournaments, Computer Opponents, Trick Shots, and Quick Play.

Moderator: 9balldotcom

Nazgul09
Wannabe
Wannabe

VP4 not runing - configuration is invalid!

Post by Nazgul09 »

Hi.

I just installed VP4 and i can't play. When i trying start Vp4 get announcement : "Cant run application. Configuration is invalid."
I was reinstall VP4 a few times in other directory too and it crushed still. Any solution ?

All the best.
zwylle
Cuemaster
Cuemaster

Re: VP4 not runing - configuration is invalid!

Post by zwylle »

Send an email to support@celeris.com
Provide as much information about your system and the crash as you can, including Windows event logs if possible.
There is a file 'message.log' in
C:\Users\<<your user name>>>\AppData\Local\Celeris\Virtual Pool 4
which you should also include, if possible.

Usually they are very responsive.
Wannabe

Post by Nazgul09 »

Thank you for solution.

I sent message file to support - but they have for me still the same solution: "pleas reinstall VP4, or reinstall both games vp3 and vp4" . Flower you celeris i reinstalled this game about 50 times - reinstalled windows XP too. On the same computer work good vp3 dl and vp4 demo. Guys from celeris If u dont know how make games stop make it !!!

Admin message If you post on this forum you are agreeing to the rules and standards set down when you initially registered on the forum.If you give as much information as possible you willmost likely get all the help you need.You may even drop into the vp3 lobby in gamespy arcade and I might be able to offer some help or someone else.Whatt you will not do is use this forum to resort to abuse.You may well be frustrated and angry...thats your problem If you choose to post here you will have to clean up your language ty.
9balldotcom
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by 9balldotcom »

Have you looked closely and read the VP4 support page on Celeris site as regards startup issues with VP4?
http://www.celeris.com/celeris_game_sup ... ndows.html
Nazgul09
Wannabe
Wannabe

Post by Nazgul09 »

1) Admin u right. Im really verry sorry for bad words used in my post. And sorry for my english too (i know, it isnt good).

2) Im not frustrated - im chocked because i sent a few posts to support with many information about my system and graphic card and then im reinstalled vp4 many many times and it didnt good effort. I got easy solution from support: u need reinstall game. For me it figures like replay for my post sent machine or they think im idiot. I told him in my post i reinstalled many many times this game - what can change 1 reinstall more.

3) Admin im very happy u wanna help me and u want more information, then it is :

processor: P4 Core 2 Duo E6750
memory: 2048 MB
system: Windows XP SP3 (3 days ago i was reinstall it)
graphic card: GF 8800 GTS 512
graphic driver: nVidia 310.70
directx : DirectX 9.0c (4.09.0000.0904)

my Windows is near clear i mean havent installed many application.
Haven't: K-Lite Codec Pack, Nero, ffdshow, Any video player.

After support solutions:

1) reinstal game : reinstalled it about next 7 times dont work still.
2) reinstal both game : reinstaled it 4 times (vp3 dl and vp4 demo work good , vp4 dont work still)
3) unistall vp4demo: uninstalled: vp4demo ,vp4 and vp3 dl too. reinstalled vp4 3 times (only vp4, vp3dl and vp4demo not this times) - and effort still the same vp4 dont work.
4) after all this solutions i made a little test, tried install vp4 on my notebook - and it work good! after installation procces vp4 gave me format for register application (didnt register it - dont want play on notebook) - which dont give me on my desktop. If i trying run vp4 receive announcement : "Can't run application. Invalid configuration. Try reinstall application."
5) i read FAQ and installation solution from Celeris page many many times, agree it at all: reinstalled my Windows, installed new graphic driver and directX and havent any applications or codecs from black list.

but vp4 dont work still.

sorry for hard words in prev post , i didnt want affront anybody
Fluke[FIN]
Hustler
Hustler

Post by Fluke[FIN] »

Zwylle or somebody could give us some information on how to launch the vp4.exe in debug mode -to create the message.log file. That would help a little I think.

A friend of mine is also having some issues with vp4demo; winxp, 2GB of RAM, core2duo.. and the GPU.. can't remember now but Call of duty Modern warfare 3 is playable on that pc -> could easily think maybe vp4 should run too. After double clicking the exe, nothing happens. The game executable shows up into task manager but vanishes right away without any notices/error messages.
9balldotcom
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by 9balldotcom »

Can anyone who has running problems with VP4 please make sure that your anti virus is shut down just to test it.
There have been antivirus issues and would be worth making sure.