Question about VP4 DRM and a Q for the Pros

General discussion for anything related to the Virtual Pool 3 DL game play including Career, Tournaments, Computer Opponents, Trick Shots, and Quick Play.

Moderator: 9balldotcom

Dark Rider
Wannabe
Wannabe

Question about VP4 DRM and a Q for the Pros

Post by Dark Rider »

Potter in an older thread said this:

"It works perfectly fine on Win 7 64 bit, but you have to register the game before you can play it, so make sure you start playing it on the computer you're going to always play it on because Celeris insists that their customers can only play the game they paid for on one machine. Another thing to keep in mind is that each time you perform a fresh install of your operating system, for whatever reason, you'll need to beg Celeris for another serial key, and they don't always respond with a new one very quickly. It can take up to a week or more before they issue you with a new one."

Will this apply to a copy of Windows that has VP4 installed on it that has been ghosted/Imaged ? I'm looking forward to buying it when the full version with multiplayer hits. (I'll be using Windows 8 64 bit)

For the Pros:

How many of you shoot pool IRL - are any of you Pro players IRL - I want to know how close is the new VP4 to actual pool playing. What are the differences if any ( aside from being virtual) Do you really find an improvement in the physics over VP3 and compared to RL?