Why do Scot's have ginger hair?

General discussion for anything related to the Virtual Pool 3 DL game play including Career, Tournaments, Computer Opponents, Trick Shots, and Quick Play.

Moderator: 9balldotcom

TheLuckyCue
Bouncer
Bouncer

Why do Scot's have ginger hair?

Post by TheLuckyCue »

because they eat so much ginger bread! =D>
actually it is the climate that gives them ginger hair...
...love is all you need...
VP4 Blog
http://vponline.celeris.com/blog/
9balldotcom
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Why do Scot's have ginger hair?

Post by 9balldotcom »

Wikipedia has some interesting statistics on Redheads k read em and weep.

Redheads constitute approximately 4 percent of the European population.[11] Scotland has the highest proportion of redheads; 13 per cent of the population has red hair and approximately 40 per cent carries the recessive redhead gene.[12] Ireland has the second highest percentage; as many as 10 per cent of the Irish population has red, auburn, or strawberry blond hair.[13] It is thought that up to 46 percent of the Irish population carries the recessive redhead gene. A 1956 study of hair colour amongst British army recruits also found high levels of red hair in Wales and the English Border counties.[14]

HOWEVER HERE IS THE BEST FACT OF ALL.

In the United States, it is estimated that 2–6% of the population has red hair. This would give the U.S. the largest population of redheads in the world, at 6 to 18 million, compared to approximately 650,000 in Scotland and 420,000 in Ireland.
polomint77
Banger
Banger

Re: Why do Scot's have ginger hair?

Post by polomint77 »

Ahh, but the yanks will have dyed it, or maybe they want to be Scooooootish, although god knows why, cos the Scoooooootish want to be English, lol
DISCLAIMER
All opinions expressed by myself are just that, opinions of *mine*. They are in no way anyone elses.
If you disagree with them, then please feel free to take it up with you local drunkard, hooker, or local drug dealer. Just don’t bother me with it because I couldn’t care less.