Mouse sensitivity settings

General discussion for anything related to the Virtual Pool 3 DL game play including Career, Tournaments, Computer Opponents, Trick Shots, and Quick Play.

Moderator: 9balldotcom

microbiotic
Bouncer
Bouncer

Mouse sensitivity settings

Post by microbiotic »

Hi,
I'm struggling a bit with the mouse sensitivity settings in VP4.
With lower settings it's easier to controll the cuebal when I want to roll up to lay a snooker, but then I feel I don't have enough power to make a medium range screw shot to get the white back in baulk.
I know I can use the amplify, but then I feel I have no controll at all.
Does the pointer speed in the windows menu influence the mouse sensitivity in VP ?
How do you think I should set up the mouse setting to get most natural cue action ?
Maybe post some setting for what works for you ?

Thanks in advance,
Micro

:strokeit:
9balldotcom
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Mouse sensitivity settings

Post by 9balldotcom »

Depends on what mouse your using but what setting your windows mouse settings are at will influence what your overall mouse speed will be in vp4.
No matter who gives you advice on this matter it will not be a solution to your problem as everyones advice and mouse settings are different cos its what works for them and not what will work for you.

If your mouse comes with separate configuration software programme then make sure theres no features like pointer or mouse acceleration on.

I started at 25 sensitivity and found that was way too low so ive settled for 40.

Dont forget that the speed you go through the cue ball is going to affect how the cue ball moves and how you control your weight of shot is a combination of all these factors

Most people I know think that they got every thing set in under a week of having vp4 and that is not the case.
If your struggling then your mouse is not at the right setting for you which sounds obvious,but what I mean is you've not got or felt that "feel" for shots yet and till you do that and discover it you will persist to struggle.

Try tweaking the windows mouse sensitivty as well as the mouse settings in game and test what youve set by trying a particular shot on a table.
I like to test my Snooker break off shot to make sure im getting the cue ball well over the baulk like on return,you might just want to try playing lag shots to the bottom rail and see if you can get the cue ball back as close as you can on a more regular basis to the kitchen rail.

You will need to spend more time doing this back and forth till it finally clicks for you.
Hanterp
Banger
Banger

Re: Mouse sensitivity settings

Post by Hanterp »

It's just what 9balldotcom said: It depends on the mouse you have.
I have the Logitech G5 mouse , which comes with their own configuration tool called 'Setpoint'
There you can make your own setting for every chosen application. So I added Vpool 4 to the list and tweaked the setting used for VP4 only .
So what mouse are you using? Maybe an idea to see if that mouse was delivered with a special configuration tool.