Help Needed

General discussion for anything related to the Virtual Pool 3 DL game play including Career, Tournaments, Computer Opponents, Trick Shots, and Quick Play.

Moderator: 9balldotcom

scotcj
Wannabe
Wannabe

Help Needed

Post by scotcj »

Happy New Year

After some help from someone wiser than myself.

Iv been playin VP3 on and off for about a year. But i just got a new laptop and after installing the game i can no longer take any shots. Let me explain further.
I hold 'S' and can drag the cue back but i cannot push the cue back through to make the shot. I think its to do with the mouse on the laptop (its a compaq CQ57 if that helps) i have downloaded live pool and i can play fine on that.

Thanks in advance

*and apologise if this is in the wrong section*
vpeer
VIP
VIP

Re: Help Needed

Post by vpeer »

Does the stroke work in Quick Play and not Career or is it broken everywhere?
vpeer
VIP
VIP

Post by vpeer »

Try plugging in a mouse and disabling the touch pad and let me know if that works.
scotcj
Wannabe
Wannabe

Post by scotcj »

Its in both single match and career.
Iv attached a mouse and that works fine so just a problem with the touchpad with is rather annoying.

Will take me a while to get used to using a mouse again :(
vpeer
VIP
VIP

Post by vpeer »

Touchpad drivers typically have some configuration programs. You can probably get the touch pad to work by playing with the configuration parameters. I would first look for any touch pad software upgrades. If those don't work try changing the parameters.
scotcj
Wannabe
Wannabe

Post by scotcj »

Thanks for the help,
i changed the setting for PalmCheck and turned that off. Now seems to be working fine. Cheers