push rule

General discussion for anything related to the Virtual Pool 3 DL game play including Career, Tournaments, Computer Opponents, Trick Shots, and Quick Play.

Moderator: 9balldotcom

snope
Hustler
Hustler

push rule

Post by snope »

I was playing 9 ball I broke.... my opponent pushed I passed ....he then used the ctrl T to change the turn because he didnt have a descent shot ...so what im thinking is does this :strokeit: to be changed so you wont be able to ctrl T....I was wondering about vp4...thanks Jerry
in the final analysis love is the answer
9balldotcom
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: push rule

Post by 9balldotcom »

What you do in that situation is ask your opponent if he understands the rules of 9ball....explain what hes doing is wrong and that he has to shoot.
If he doesnt understand that then leave him for the numpties to play.

The Ctrl and T option availability in this case should be disabled,so in one way i agree that locking that option off during the push out phase would soon have sorted your playing buddy.
zwylle
Cuemaster
Cuemaster

Post by zwylle »

I agree as far as the "numpty" analysis goes.

If you disable CTL T during pushout you'd have to generally disable it.
What if someone if playing just a regular shot, makes it, hooks themselves and then changes the turn to the other player.. same situation.

To a certain degree we have to rely on people following the rules.

In that situation...
I'd just give the shot back to him, explain the rules, and if they still don't want to shoot, just leave the room.
Hustler

Post by snope »

yes leaving the room is an option ...I hope vp4 will address this issue though.....thanks for your replys...Jerry
in the final analysis love is the answer