VP3 is FULL of BUGS

General discussion for anything related to the Virtual Pool 3 DL game play including Career, Tournaments, Computer Opponents, Trick Shots, and Quick Play.

Moderator: 9balldotcom

*VP3*
Bouncer
Bouncer

Re: VP3 is FULL of BUGS

Post by *VP3* »

VERY INTERESTING. . . . Really NOT worth BLOGojeBITCH'n about.
. . . . :mumum:
But as long as you've chimed in saying there are bugs. . .

ALL electronic games have bugs just like ALL HOMES have bugs. Get the RAID and offer some AID!
HAVE YOU EVER sent into Celeris any suggestions? Sounds like you have not, otherwise you'd have mentioned it.

HAVE YOU EVER tried toning down the adjustments in VP3? AGAIN, sounds like you have not. Others (basically all) have no issues.
HAVE YOU EVER logged into GameSpy and played with the residents? Probably not otherwise you WOULD HAVE met and played me. I then ABSOLUTELY would have offered suggestions as to how to make those adjustments.
"Bye-The-Way", I DO NOT have any affiliation with Celeris, I'm just a pool player who's enjoying the games of pool and invent interesting ways to play the same-o same-o games so even the armatures have a chance to win against seasoned players WITHOUT the use of a handicap system. SMOKE THAT! :-$

Anyways, your rant has very little meat to chew since this Celeris has several CONTINUOUS incarnations. Virtual Pool, VP 2, VP Hall, VP Lee, VP Curly, VP-DL, (that's 6 upgraded versions). They (Celeris and Virtual Pool) have been around for decades and has not only a great following but a continuous growth over those same decades. That growth has been due to the fact pool players offer suggestions to this games upgrades. Steve C. has been VERY GRACIOUS to incorporate as much into this as realistically possible. Not the KEY WORDS, realistically possible? Some games and rules just cannot be incorporated into the digital realm. HOPEFULLY you can understand that,.... at 65.

In all basics, your rant has little worthiness and should be taken as a joke.

A little history of who I am.
I was born near Chicago and still live near it. Playing pool in the bar leagues I have come across some really seedy players and hustlers. I've learned many odd games and learned to enjoy almost all of them. I've played in numerous pool leagues around Chicago and have helped in the founding of 2. And those 2 have gone onto being nationally accepted by real pool players and by the Billiards Associations. So my standing in this game is rather high and well accepted.

So please, do take stock of your rant and do try to undo the harm you're doing in relation to Pool and Billiards in general. You're negative attitude is one the whole Pool and Billiards community has no need for, . . . . . UNLESS you hate pool that much? .
PAID - VP, VP2, VP-HALL, VP3-Lee and Curly.
Just my meager support to the world’s greatest virtual pool game for PC's.
Keep up the great work, can't wait for "Virtual Pool 3D" (the Hologram version).
dumbfounded
Wannabe
Wannabe

Post by dumbfounded »

I knew there was something funny about this forum. Does Everyone on here spent their time with local drunkard, hooker, or local drug dealer. No wonder your Brain is Fried !! You poor stupid fools. I really feel sorry for you and your families if you have a family ?
Albinario
V8BWC 2006 VCWC 2007 VWSC 2008/2010

Post by Albinario »

*VP3*
Bouncer
Bouncer

Post by *VP3* »

Albinario wrote:Image
NICE redesign can of WD-40. :3some:
PAID - VP, VP2, VP-HALL, VP3-Lee and Curly.
Just my meager support to the world’s greatest virtual pool game for PC's.
Keep up the great work, can't wait for "Virtual Pool 3D" (the Hologram version).
sheilaaellis44
Wannabe
Wannabe

Post by sheilaaellis44 »

If your system is powerful enough to run a typical 3D title above 90 or 100 frames per second, then it has excess GPU horsepower that you could use to improve the image quality of the game. Getting your machine to hit 60 frames per second while pumping up the graphics eye candy will make your overall gaming experience much better.
rogerbrookss
Wannabe
Wannabe

Post by rogerbrookss »

As per my knowledge, So you're not a kid. I'd suggest, therefore, that senility is setting in. I won't mention your spelling or grammar again as your last post does a great job of demonstrating its continuing failings. Some constructive, rational criticism of VP3 may be worth putting forward but, even then, a 10 year old game isn't likely to change with the follow-up in development. At the time, VP3 was streets ahead of the competition and only now falls short in the graphics/audio department a decade later.
rightoncuestick
Wannabe
Wannabe

Post by rightoncuestick »

I have had some situations where after pushing the 'S' button to shoot, the stick must have accidentally touched the cue ball and registered as a shot to the program, even if the cue ball never moved. Then I basically lose my shot and the AI take it's turn, and it's ball in hand for the AI if I'm playing 9 ball. It sucks but it happens!!

As far a table scratches go, there are times when the physics get it wrong and you get a ball that flies off of the table when there's no way in hell it would in real life in the exact same situation. But I live with that because it just does not happen all that often. The table scratch physics could be improved ( happens too much and too easily ) but I'm not going to whine and cry about something like that. So the whiney thread creator has some points but the attitude he has is from hell!!!