difference in graphics quality

General discussion for anything related to the Virtual Pool 3 DL game play including Career, Tournaments, Computer Opponents, Trick Shots, and Quick Play.

Moderator: 9balldotcom

stevaux
Wannabe
Wannabe

difference in graphics quality

Post by stevaux »

Hi guys,

I have 2 copies of VP3: one on my laptop, another on the gaming desktop. Now, the laptop having integrated graphics, runs at the highest resolution, looks great, smooth framerate. On the gaming desktop, the frames are choppy, the cloth texture doesnt have the same quality, and what appears to be stripes overlaying the graphics, although very subtly.

Cant figure out why a NVidia 8800GT cant cope with VP3 whilst the low end laptop can no bother. Ive tried numerous settings in nvidia control panel, but to no avail.

Any ideas?

Thanks
Fluke[FIN]
Hustler
Hustler

Re: difference in graphics quality

Post by Fluke[FIN] »

are you running the both systems with the same color depth? window or full screen mode? with 16 bit colors the game looks quite bad, especially the table cloth, there is a visible "pattern". and with 16 bit setting the game might run slower than on 32 bit (at least on my pc with quad-core cpu and radeon 4870. with 16 bit colors I get fps of around 20 and with 32 bit its waaaaaaay higher. multiple times higher)
stevaux
Wannabe
Wannabe

Re: difference in graphics quality

Post by stevaux »

I have it sorted now.

It was in 32 bit mode, it was just my nvidia settings that were causing the lag.

I reset the nvidia control panel for VP3 to default settings, and only changed my AA and AF to 4 and 16 respectively. Left everything else alone.

Thanks for the reply .

Steve