firewall

General discussion for anything related to the Virtual Pool 3 DL game play including Career, Tournaments, Computer Opponents, Trick Shots, and Quick Play.

Moderator: 9balldotcom

snope
Hustler
Hustler

firewall

Post by snope »

After 7 mounths I'm back ...I can join rooms and play but I cant set a room where people can join so I don't play any tournys... each time I go into GS a window comes up saying my firewall configuration is not set up properly...I'm using McAffe but don't know how to set it ....Yeah I know I should ...when I get settled I plan to take some pc classes ...but if anyone can help me now it will be greatly appreciated..thanks Jerry
in the final analysis love is the answer
9balldotcom
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: firewall

Post by 9balldotcom »

After 7 mounths I'm back ...I can join rooms and play but I cant set a room where people can join so I don't play any tournys... each time I go into GS a window comes up saying my firewall configuration is not set up properly...I'm using McAffe but don't know how to set it ....Yeah I know I should ...when I get settled I plan to take some pc classes ...but if anyone can help me now it will be greatly appreciated..thanks Jerry

OK lets start with the obvious thing........next time you get this message in gamespy PLEASE check the box...then you wont get it any more(i think i did that 9 years ago havent seen it since)
Im lying ive had it on every pc ive installed gamespy on,so check the box and ignore for future reference.

This idea that you cannot play in a tourney cos you cant set a room.....forget it,you first ask your opponent to set the room and secondly if he cant set either then you ask the TD to set it for you...simple solution.
snope
Hustler
Hustler

Post by snope »

yeah but there is no box to check on that window...
snope
Hustler
Hustler

Post by snope »

Hugh the window you are refering to is the one when you want set a room ...yes I checked that box but the one I'm talking about comes up when I click on my GS ...before GS can strart a window comes up telling me my firewall is not set properly ...then I click the ok button on that window and only then GS starts up...there isn't any box on that window to click only an ok button...
DARKH0RSE
Banger
Banger

Post by DARKH0RSE »

snope wrote: GS a window comes up saying my firewall configuration is not set up properly...I'm using McAffe but don't know how to set it ....

# Open McAfee Personal Firewall.
# Select Personal Firewall Plus along the left side.
# Click View the Internet Application List.
# Find Gamespy Arcade in the Application Name column.
# Right-click Gamespy Arcade and select Allow Full Access.
people need to learn "its a game , and a game by definition can be either won or lost .
If you take away the ability to win or lose you are no longer playing a game and your time is not spent challenging your skill over another's instead your time is now worthless and wasted.
9balldotcom
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by 9balldotcom »

Ah i see....well that answer there should resolve your issue.
snope
Hustler
Hustler

Post by snope »

I checked GS has full accses in mcafee..but I still can't create a room...do iI need to set ports in mcafee...thanks Jerry