Virtual Pool 3 review

General discussion for anything related to the Virtual Pool 3 DL game play including Career, Tournaments, Computer Opponents, Trick Shots, and Quick Play.

Moderator: 9balldotcom

9balldotcom
Site Admin
Site Admin

Virtual Pool 3 review

Post by 9balldotcom »

This is one of the original Virtual Pool 3 reviews i found still available on Gamershell.....see if you agree. I think it shows how times have passed and games have moved on leaps and bounds cos remember that 10 years ago ALL pool games were crap and this poor reviewer had never seen anything like it nor paricularly with the control method nor the physics,so although hes enthusiastic it does put a different bearing on it when you realise its so old a review.

Graphics: 9.0
Sound : 10
Gameplay : 9.0
Multiplayer : N/A
Overall : 9.0Review by Introduction:

You probably already know there are tons of pool games out there in the market, but today we're reviewing a much more special pool game. Virtual Pool 3, a game like no other. Its amazing graphics and features make it the most realistic pool game ive seen so far. There are also Online/Lan modes that make the game good for multiplayer fun. The career mode is my personal favorite, where you start off as an amateur pool player, working his way up by taking bets and all that. The game has many tables to choose from and tons of opponents to play with so you probably never get bored.

Gameplay: 9.0

The game is basically very easy to control. Once you have mapped the keyboard the way you want it playing pool as if you would like to play in real life ;) becomes as easy as 1-2-3 (for the ones who can count all that). The amazing physics realism is what makes this game so amazing to handle. You get very precise hits and very accurate shots, some stuff other games cant do. You have the usuall zoom, side select, tons of view cams etc to choose from to perfect your shot. The game mods available are pretty tough, especially when you pass the first few levels and you compete against harder enemies. Of course you get to travel to better locations which means more tables, (8 total tables) and get harder enemies :P. There is also Internet/LAN modes available but i havent tried those yet, but i was told you can play very well online.

Sound: 9.0

This is probably the only pool game that uses Creative's EAX technology, and that is what makes it a great game even to listen to! Its very realistic and accurate sound effects are there to do something that would normally happen while playing a game of pool with your friends, distract you. If you have a 4 speaker setup you can hear birds in the background and a cat meowing on your right, the wind blowing on your left, anything is possible. But when you get to hit the ball you will see the sound effects here are perfected. The harder the ball hits the other balls the louder the noise etc. The music is also pretty 'billiar-hall' typical yet very nice. EAX Settings are what make the sounds in this game truly amazing.

Graphics: 9.0/10

Now why would i make such a fuss about this game, if it didnt have the great graphics to go with the sounds and gameplay eh? Well if youre wondering, the graphics in this game are quite amazing :). As the resolution goes higher so does the graphics quality. Truly amazing graphics make the table and everything else around you quite real. You need a better graphics card for the higher res but its worth it.

Overall: 9.0/10

This game i would say is for the more pro type of virtual 'poolers'. If you just want to mess around and kill time by playing a fun pool game, this is not the game for you. On the other hand if you really want to feel you are holding that stick and actually playing pool then you must get this game. A trully amazing graphical and sound interface make it the perfect pool game!

Now would you purchase VP3 on this review?
If you just want to mess around and kill time by playing a fun pool game, this is not the game for you.
the graphics in this game are quite amazing :).
Virtual Pool 3, a game like no other. Its amazing graphics and features make it the most realistic pool game ive seen so far.
Multiplayer : N/A
You see multiplayer N/A....even that guy back then knew wed all have problems messing with routers :bs: :bootyshake:

I reckon this poor guy gets out the house less than I do LOL