Palmi aka STEVEMARTIN

General discussion for anything related to the Virtual Pool 3 DL game play including Career, Tournaments, Computer Opponents, Trick Shots, and Quick Play.

Moderator: 9balldotcom

9balldotcom
Site Admin
Site Admin

Palmi aka STEVEMARTIN

Post by 9balldotcom »

STEVEMARTIN as you may know him or Palmi Gunnersson from Iceland as you also may know has passed away,he was only 45.

As many of you know and those that ever spoke to him he always came across as a happy and cheeerful guy that would do anything for anyone and probobly more,but was suffering quite a serious illness and had been for some time and frequesnt hospital visits over the last few months have kept his visits to VP3 few and far between.

The last time i saw him was only a few weeks ago when we had a frame of snooker together,I didnt think that would be the last id play vp3 with him.

Im sure the rest of the VP3 community would like to express their condolensces to his family,we will miss him a lot

R.I.P
polomint77
Banger
Banger

Re: Palmi aka STEVEMARTIN

Post by polomint77 »

R.I.P. Palmi m8, rooms wont be quite the same without you in them... Always friendly and up for a laugh, :)
DISCLAIMER
All opinions expressed by myself are just that, opinions of *mine*. They are in no way anyone elses.
If you disagree with them, then please feel free to take it up with you local drunkard, hooker, or local drug dealer. Just don’t bother me with it because I couldn’t care less.
Shaz{uk}
Hustler
Hustler

Post by Shaz{uk} »

R.I.P. Palmi, our thoughts are with ur family
djvivid
Wannabe
Wannabe

Post by djvivid »

I never knew he was ill, he was always upbeat and very funny when ever we spoke. It's such a shock to hear he's gone. He'll be terribly missed.

Bye palmi, you was truely one of our own.
the real cuemaster
Wannabe
Wannabe

Post by the real cuemaster »

spoke to the bloke quite a bit for some time and he was one of the most genuine people ive ever had the pleasure of speaking to, always spoke his mind and didnt think twice about telling you what he thought of you, had'nt played pool for quite a while now with him but stayed in contact over skype and phone, cant believe i wont be able to speak to him anymore and my thoughts go to all his family and friends who will have some task trying to fill the gap hes left in his life.

My son has also spoken with palmi on numerous occasions and whenever i spoke to him he always asked about others first, i remember ringing him in hospital after an operation and he said nevermind me how are you and callum both doing i hope he is well, shows the kind of person he could be.

RIP Palmi ill always remember you my friend......remember this tho "Whatever You Do Dont F****** Miss"
Poolminator
Hustler
Hustler

Post by Poolminator »

devastating news...
Playing pub in a room full of people and talking with us on skype or ts...he was always the loudest one, always joking, trully great character he was.
R.I.P. Palmi my brother, you'll be missed :(
ComboSchtap
Wannabe
Wannabe

Post by ComboSchtap »

I was very shocked when I read the sad news.

I've played with him several times a couple of years ago. I've never asked him for his real name though, or at least not that I remember. Now I know his real name and unfortunately the circumstances are really devastating. Yeah, people, come and go, but It's always hard to accept that some will never come back to play and chat with you. I remember chatting with him while playing 9b and I will also remember his cheerful mood and sense of humor.

It was nice knowing you Palmi, even just through Internet. Rest in peace.
1quiet1ver2
Wannabe
Wannabe

Post by 1quiet1ver2 »

I have known Palmi via VP3 for over 2 years. He was a good friend, a good and fair player. Speaking on Teamspeak I remember the arguments in his house between him , his wife, and his children. He taught me a few words of Icelandic. I asked him if more tourists were visiting Iceland because of the volcanic eruption. He replied "they would like to, but can't get here because flights are cancelled". I will never forget him. It seems so unfair, I am 64, he was only 45. I have just opened a home brew beer, and this pint is dedicated to Palmi..............