Offline play with no intro.

General discussion for anything related to the Virtual Pool 3 DL game play including Career, Tournaments, Computer Opponents, Trick Shots, and Quick Play.

Moderator: 9balldotcom

Freeball

Offline play with no intro.

Post by Freeball »

For those of you who do play/practice offline who are fed up waitng for game to start due to intro. Well heres how to get rid of the intro.

1) Create a shortcut of the vp3dl.exe or vp3.exe depending on what version you have
2) Right click the vp3dl.exe shortcut/properties and change the target to :
"x:\Program Files (x86)\Celeris\Virtual Pool 3 DL\vp3.exe" - nointro

x= the drive where your game/shortcut is located. If you dont have the same file system as me all you need to do is add the
- nointro on the end of your target remembering the space before the -

apply then start the game. mine goes to game menu within 2 secs.

This does work with other pc games....

Voila
NSWAR
Bouncer
Bouncer

Re: Offline play with no intro.

Post by NSWAR »

very nice thanks!
9balldotcom
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by 9balldotcom »

Yup just as i thought too complicated for someone like me and not advisable for other noobs to be messing with as Freeball most likely wont be around to fix your game when you mess it up.

Just an observation........if it aint broke ....you know the rest.
Freeball

Post by Freeball »

9balldotcom wrote:Yup just as i thought too complicated for someone like me and not advisable for other noobs to be messing with as Freeball most likely wont be around to fix your game when you mess it up.

Just an observation........if it aint broke ....you know the rest.

Your messing with the shortcut so no mucking up possible as you'll have original exe. If you need help just yell.
Bagpuss
Bouncer
Bouncer

Post by Bagpuss »

Nice one! Took all of 10 seconds to amend. Anyone having issues remember the space between the "-" and the "nointro" as it is necessary otherwise it'll have no effect. Talking of space, anyone who can't figure it out (surely there can't be many, unless George Dubya plays), hit the spacebar when the intro comes up and it'll go quicker.