Vp3 DL version 3.3.1.1 online play problem

General discussion for anything related to the Virtual Pool 3 DL game play including Career, Tournaments, Computer Opponents, Trick Shots, and Quick Play.

Moderator: 9balldotcom

fastskis
Wannabe
Wannabe

Vp3 DL version 3.3.1.1 online play problem

Post by fastskis »

I have downloaded VP3 DL 3.3.1.1, when I go to online play via Gamespy and attempt to join a game in the lobby, it will start game and attempt to connect to server, but then nothing happens.......game will not join, and have to cancel.

In the past with a CD version of game, I would have to download a patch to make it work. Is there something I am missing?

Love this simulation, and I enjoy playing online.....can anyone clue me in.

Thank You,

Thomas Cole
9balldotcom
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Vp3 DL version 3.3.1.1 online play problem

Post by 9balldotcom »

Yes your problem is most likely due to the fact that you connect to the new through a router setup.
This means that there are certain ports through the router than need to be opened to allow vp3 to run.

These are the ports you need to open both TCP and UDP 13139, 27900, 28900, 29900-29901, 60876 - 60887

iF however you are not familiar with setting ports the next thing you could try is the two programmes on this page that will attempt to open the correct ports for you http://polonet.agilityhoster.com/poloroute.html

If none of the above gets you up and running why not come into the vp3 lobby on gamespy and ask for some help.?