How do you use VP3 to improve your game?

General discussion for anything related to the Virtual Pool 3 DL game play including Career, Tournaments, Computer Opponents, Trick Shots, and Quick Play.

Moderator: 9balldotcom

jcurry
Wannabe
Wannabe

How do you use VP3 to improve your game?

Post by jcurry »

I am new to VP3. I purchased it in order to be able to view the files that came with the 'Artistic Pool Manual' CD-ROM. It seems to be by far the most realistic pool sim I've ever used and I would like to get the most out of it.

Obviously, I can play different types of pool & billiard games, but what I really want to do is use it as a learning tool to improve my own game. So, I am wondering if anyone out there can offer some tips on how to use VP3 as a learning and/or training tool.

Thanks.
Albinario
V8BWC 2006 VCWC 2007 VWSC 2008/2010

Re: How do you use VP3 to improve your game?

Post by Albinario »

I just played it a lot, and it made me learn a lot about pool physics. But I guess you can play around with the tracker in practice mode to see how different english and speeds affect ball reactions.
9balldotcom
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: How do you use VP3 to improve your game?

Post by 9balldotcom »

Vp3 certainly for total noobs to billiards on the whole can be used to learn all the different types of shot.
One of the most crucial factors in being good at vp3 is being able to perform the type of shot required for basic position and you can cerainly take what you learn here to a real table,
It also works the other way...if your a competent player IRL then you stand a fair chance of bringing what youve learned into VP3.

Look around the game lobby and youll soon get to know who the better players are and perhaps watching them youll be able to pick up some shots.

This is the one game that your learning all the time and improving and its one thing that a lot of people find gives them the most fun to keep coming back to it.

If you have the desire to learn,then thats all you need to keep coming back for more....sure youll bump into some very good players,but youll soon find your way.