Development Update

General discussion for anything related to the Virtual Pool 3 DL game play including Career, Tournaments, Computer Opponents, Trick Shots, and Quick Play.

Moderator: 9balldotcom

Nugget
Asst Admin
Asst Admin

Development Update

Post by Nugget »

Hi,
Just a note to say I'm about half way through the development of the contributory member options functions.
I'm only able to spend a couple of hours on it 3-4 times a week which is why it's taking the time it is.

I have attached a screenshot of what the option page looks like so far.

Regards,

Simon Williams

Lead Developer, vphqtournaments.com
Tournament Website: http://www.vphqtournaments.com
polomint77
Banger
Banger

Re: Development Update

Post by polomint77 »

Nice to see it getting an update.. Do you have a spec list with the details of what is going to be added? Or is it an adhoc update to vphq? It'd be nice to see what extra bits are going to be added.. :)
DISCLAIMER
All opinions expressed by myself are just that, opinions of *mine*. They are in no way anyone elses.
If you disagree with them, then please feel free to take it up with you local drunkard, hooker, or local drug dealer. Just don’t bother me with it because I couldn’t care less.
9balldotcom
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by 9balldotcom »

From what I can see and deducing from the picture above....thats the updates that hes doing.......nothing else :bootyshake: :bs: :fart: :pottytrain5:
Nugget
Asst Admin
Asst Admin

Post by Nugget »

OVERVIEW
These changes provide additional functionality to the vphqtournaments.com website for “contributory members”.

New functionality will include:
• Contributory Member Options: Ability for contributory members to upload a large image, icon and to specify how their name will appear in listings.
• Ability to turn off the display of adverts.
• New “Contributory Member” section on “Players” page.

FEATURE DETAILS

This section specifies in more detail what the changes will be:

Changes to “Your Profile” page

• New “Contributory Member Options” link. A link with the text below is “Edit contributory member options”. Goes to New Page: “Contributory Member Options”.
New Page: “Contributory Member Options”

If the user is a contributory member:

• Date when contributory membership expires.
• Checkbox for “Show Amount Contributed”. (default is checked)
• Checkbox for “Show contributory member status to others”. (default is checked).
• Checkbox for “Display Adverts” (default is unchecked).
• Textbox for “Contribution Comment”.
• Link to upload an icon image file. Goes to New Page: “Upload Icon”.
• Link to upload a large image file. Goes to New Page: “Upload Large Photo”.
• Dropdown list to select from a list of pre-defined fonts. (default is Arial)
• Dropdown list to select font size. Options will range from 10px-20px. (default is 14px)
• Checkboxes for font styles: Bold, Italic. (default is bold)
• Textbox to enter a background colour for nickname display (default is white).
• Textbox to enter a border colour for nickname display (default is dark blue).
• Swatches to insert predefined colours into colour textboxes.
• Preview of how the player nickname will appear in the listings. Updated dynamically as changes are made (no need for page to reload).
• “Save” button to apply changes. Saves options and returns to “Your Profile” page with a confirmation message at the top.
• “Cancel” button to return to “Your Profile” page.

If the user has never been a contributory member:

• Bullet points describing contributory member benefits.
• Link to become a contributory member. Goes to new page “Become Contributory Member”

If the user’s contributory membership has expired:

• Link to become a contributory member. Goes to new page “Become Contributory Member”.

New Page: Upload Icon / Upload Main Photo

• This will be a pop-up window allowing the user to select an icon filename to be displayed in the player listings.
• Icon image size will be 64x64 pixels. If anything larger or smaller is uploaded, it will be shrunk or stretched accordingly.
• Once the image has been successfully uploaded and the pop-up closed, the calling page will be updated to show the new image.

Changes to “Tournament Players”, “Tournament Fixtures”, “Player Listing” pages

• When a contributory member is listed on one of these pages, the information will be shown in the style specified by the contributory member on the “Contributory Member Options” page. The player will only be listed in this style if the “Show contributory member status to others” option is on in contributory member options.

• On the “Player Listing” page a new option for “Contributory Members” will be added to the “Show” dropdown list. When this option is selected, the following columns will be shown:
o Member info (in the style specified by the contributory member on the “Contributory Member Options” page).
o Amount Contributed (if to be disclosed).
o Comment.
• The player will only be listed in the new section if the “Show Amount Contributed” option is on in contributory member options.
Changes to “Global Header”
• If not a contributory member a one-line text advert “Become a contributory member today” to be displayed in global header.
Changes to “Advert Display”
• Adverts will not be displayed if the contributory member has the option not to display adverts turned on.

New Page: “Become a Contributory Member”

• Displays information about contributory membership. Information to include:
o How much is costs to become a contributory member.
o Additional features contributory members get.
o How to pay.
• Button to make a donation.

FUTURE DEVELOPMENTS

The following are ideas for future contributory member features that will not be done for the first release of contributory member option functionality:
• Additional tournament stats (e.g. listing number of tournaments played, number of tournaments won, percentage of tournaments won, etc.).
• Special tournaments for contributory members only.
• Priority in tournament sign-ups. (e.g., if 16 players max, and 24 sign up, non-contributory members will be removed first).
• This section may grow as more ideas come to mind.
polomint77
Banger
Banger

Post by polomint77 »

Thanks for that Simon,..
DISCLAIMER
All opinions expressed by myself are just that, opinions of *mine*. They are in no way anyone elses.
If you disagree with them, then please feel free to take it up with you local drunkard, hooker, or local drug dealer. Just don’t bother me with it because I couldn’t care less.
9balldotcom
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by 9balldotcom »

Id hope that Celeris might also think up some ideas on a similar basis...just for future reference as and when VP4 is available.......:strokeit:
vpeer
VIP
VIP

Post by vpeer »

9balldotcom wrote:Id hope that Celeris might also think up some ideas on a similar basis...just for future reference as and when VP4 is available.......:strokeit:
:laff:
You folks are all contributors and I appreciate that!
Nugget
Asst Admin
Asst Admin

Post by Nugget »

OK,

I have released the changes if you want to have a play around.
I have noticed a couple of minor glitches but overall everything seems OK.

For those that sent me images, I have pre-configured your Contributory member options.

There was one person who contributed but I don't know who it is because their e-mail isn't in the database. If it's you or you know who it is, please let me know and I'll add them.

Finest regards,

Simon
zwylle
Cuemaster
Cuemaster

Post by zwylle »

Thank you Simon, that's awesome and hopefully will get more players to contribute.
I'd suggest though that by default the contributed amount is not shown.

Thanks
z