Hi everybody

General discussion for anything related to the Virtual Pool 3 DL game play including Career, Tournaments, Computer Opponents, Trick Shots, and Quick Play.

Moderator: 9balldotcom

Amorgos
Wannabe
Wannabe

Hi everybody

Post by Amorgos »

Hey all,

I've been away from home and travelling for a long long time - Almost 18 months now, and I thought I'd say hello to everybody who I've played with in the past. I'm currently working in Melbourne, Australia and I miss the odd game of VP3 late at night after work with a few bottles of beer!

I hope everyone is doing ok and the community is still alive.

I've been unable to play due to not having access to the routers I've been accessing the internet with. It's a shame that Vp3 hasn't gone "gold" yet and internet play problems (Having to configure your router to play the game is a BUG in my opinion) STILL haven't been ironed out. I would guess that a simple bug like that is one of the main reasons VP has been stunted in growth.

Does anyone ever play alternative billiard games online? I hope/doubt that they would be as good as VP, but something really needs to take over at the end of the day. A game engine this good should be far more accessible.

Regards,
Eurig Jones
Amorgos
9balldotcom
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Hi everybody

Post by 9balldotcom »

Hello yes we are still here and still playing and still doing tournaments that your never played in......... :bootyshake:

Did you say you couldnt access a router or are you meaning you cant set a router to play vp3??
If your having problems then you will get offers of assistance toy get you up and running if you come to the vp3 lobby
Amorgos
Wannabe
Wannabe

Post by Amorgos »

The router is not accessible to me. I can't tweak it's firewall as I don't have access to it. I've also been using 3G dongle with work in the past and you have no control over its firewall.

Basically unlike virtually every other online game.. unless you play at home with your own router that you control, then you can't play VP3. Pretty manure really.
9balldotcom
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by 9balldotcom »

Ul :bs: