VP 3.3.1.1 - Assets.wad problem

General discussion for anything related to the Virtual Pool 3 DL game play including Career, Tournaments, Computer Opponents, Trick Shots, and Quick Play.

Moderator: 9balldotcom

Teemu78
Wannabe
Wannabe

VP 3.3.1.1 - Assets.wad problem

Post by Teemu78 »

Hi there!

I installed and registered my VP3DL 3.3.1.1 (Full installation) and there seems to be a problem "Can't open ASSETS.WAD"

Now, I googled for this and found a previous topic about this and it says:

"I have it sorted. I had to install the patches in order. 3214 then 3217, 3219 then 3239. "

Fine but I only find 3.2.3.9 and 3.3.1.1 on celeris website so what to do next?
polomint77
Banger
Banger

Re: VP 3.3.1.1 - Assets.wad problem

Post by polomint77 »

Yes, the solution you found would work, but unfortunately finding the old patches isn't easy. I don't have them anymore either.. The only other thing would be to uninstall any versions you have of VP3, restart your pc and reinstall 3311. Make sure that you allow VP3 to install to the default directory that it requires. Others have had this problem with 3311 and reinstalling seems to have worked for them...
Oh, and if you are using Windows Vista, then please make sure that you have administrator priveliges (right click the setup file and select Run as Administrator).

John
DISCLAIMER
All opinions expressed by myself are just that, opinions of *mine*. They are in no way anyone elses.
If you disagree with them, then please feel free to take it up with you local drunkard, hooker, or local drug dealer. Just don’t bother me with it because I couldn’t care less.
Teemu78
Wannabe
Wannabe

Post by Teemu78 »

Thanks alot, I'll be trying to make a new install tonight.
Teemu78
Wannabe
Wannabe

Post by Teemu78 »

Problem solved, case closed =D>
polomint77
Banger
Banger

Post by polomint77 »

Glad to hear it... Now get into the GSA VP3 lobby and play everyone, :D
DISCLAIMER
All opinions expressed by myself are just that, opinions of *mine*. They are in no way anyone elses.
If you disagree with them, then please feel free to take it up with you local drunkard, hooker, or local drug dealer. Just don’t bother me with it because I couldn’t care less.