Widescreen support?

General discussion for anything related to the Virtual Pool 3 DL game play including Career, Tournaments, Computer Opponents, Trick Shots, and Quick Play.

Moderator: 9balldotcom

markt
Wannabe
Wannabe

Widescreen support?

Post by markt »

I'm running a widescreen display and would like to run VP3 in full screen mode in widescreen resolution.

Is this possible? Is there any way I can get widescreen resolutions to be available in the Video Modes?

Cheers,

MarkT
Fluke[FIN]
Hustler
Hustler

Re: Widescreen support?

Post by Fluke[FIN] »

Hi,

There are multiple widescreen resolutions available in the video mode menu. Im sure You can find your monitors natural resolution from the menu.

The way I play vp3, is running it in a window, which is re-sized to the size of my monitor (almost like playing on full-screen). Re-sizeing the window is not "stretching" the graphics. This way I can see the windows taskbar below vp3-window and its easy to ALT-TAB into another program like messenger, winamp etc.. while playing.
markt
Wannabe
Wannabe

Post by markt »

What version of VP3 are you running?

My version of VP3 is 3.1.0.4 and is running from a CD-ROM disc. As such, I don't even get offered 1680x1050 as an option. Only 1280x960 is offered as the highest resolution.

Am I missing a patch or something? Maybe only the DL version offers widescreen resolution options...

MarkT
Fluke[FIN]
Hustler
Hustler

Post by Fluke[FIN] »

Hi,

I'm using version 3.3.1.1 (the latest DL -version). The resolution lack might be because of the earlier version which You are using. Try running vp3 on windowed mode. After changing the video mode, use ALT-TAB or CTRL-ESC to get the mouse pointer "out of vp3". Then You can move and re-size the game window to fit your widescreen TFT. Even when you change the aspect-ratio of the game window, it is not stretching the graphics in any way (the balls are staying totally round after this change, not making them into egg-shape).

Or better yet, use the discount code and get the latest DL version for $10 and come play vp3 online \:D/

-Fluke
9balldotcom
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by 9balldotcom »

Markt

The version you say you have is not a version Ive heard of.
There was a patch update for a short while which was 3014,can you double check it again?
markt
Wannabe
Wannabe

Post by markt »

Running the app in windowed mode causes my new vid card to squeal (9800GTX+) so I'm looking for full-screen options. My version number is correct. I however have found the same issue if running 3.0.99 as well which is a more "official" patch. Apparently, 3.1.0.4 was withdrawn for some reason...

Cheers,

MarkT
vpeer
VIP
VIP

Post by vpeer »

Should work ok with widescreen with the caveat that you can't run over a certain size, think it is about 2048. I have a 2560x1600 monitor and it won't run that resolution.