career mode problem......

General discussion for anything related to the Virtual Pool 3 DL game play including Career, Tournaments, Computer Opponents, Trick Shots, and Quick Play.

Moderator: 9balldotcom

lc
Wannabe
Wannabe

career mode problem......

Post by lc »

Hi,

Thought i`d re- install vp3 (latest patched ) after a long time to get back into things.

However in career mode, there seems to be a white aiming line and ghost ball that i cannot get rid of!!??
All is ok if i setup a tournament or just practice.

Can`t play unless i fix this annoying bug.

Help please?
Fluke[FIN]
Hustler
Hustler

Post by Fluke[FIN] »

Hi,

I'm not 100% sure about this because I vp3 actually only in online mode, but do You have "player training" -mode on? Check out settings -> player training.

- Fluke
lc
Wannabe
Wannabe

Post by lc »

Terve Fluke,

Training mode is off, besides i recall that ghost ball and tracking should only be available if playing alone and not in career mode.
I can of course just make up a tournament and all would be ok, everything else seems to work as it should.

Been a while since i played this, and now that i have a new machine capable of playing the latest games i see no reason for this issue, considering it played fine when i had the 2225? version on my old comp.

Need to practice abit again before i consider coming back online....

Is it possible for someone to check this out? tried re-installing the game and various other options with the same result.
AlinVille
V9BWC 2007,08

Post by AlinVille »

lc wrote:Can`t play unless i fix this annoying bug.
Hi lc. It's not a bug; with the latest version you always get tracking lines and ghostball in Career mode on Easy difficulty, it's for absolute beginners. You just need to increase the difficulty to Medium or higher, then all aiming aids are off.

lc wrote:Need to practice abit again before i consider coming back online...
If you need practice I wouldn't recommend playing Career mode because you're forced to play on Amateur table settings in the first rooms, then Professional and so on. You should just play on Championship tables instead in Quick Play mode, since every online game uses those settings, so better get used to them; Amateur and Professional settings are rarely used online. The best practice method would be to play directly online anyway.
9balldotcom
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by 9balldotcom »

Correct,you will learn nothing playing offline and you wont improve your game,
Besides that,the AI of this game and particularly the 3239 version sux to high heaven and either play stupid shots or bloody impossible stuff.
lc
Wannabe
Wannabe

Post by lc »

AH! great, thanks for clearing that up.

Best get my router sorted out then. Might take a while........!
Fluke[FIN]
Hustler
Hustler

Post by Fluke[FIN] »

Terve,

Yep I agree its worth of to give up the single-player mode and start playing online. Its completely different to play with live opponents. I got bored into offline-career mode pretty quickly but addicted into the online-play. Its been 9 months now since I started and there's no turning back anymore:)

Some routers will work just like that with default setup (like my Cisco 575LRE) but some routers needs to be configured. Check out "Online play" section in these forums, there are more info about it. You can configure manually or you can try Polomints automatic port-forwarding program.

Cya in the Vp3 lobby.

-Fluke
lc
Wannabe
Wannabe

Post by lc »

Had a go with polomints programme, old one seemed to work and said ports opened... but still hangs at connecting to room.

Now i remember what a hassle getting online was before.
Last time i was on dmz, but i`m not doing that anymore.

Any quick solution i might try otherwise can`t be bothered with the trouble and time wasting.
lc
Wannabe
Wannabe

Post by lc »

Never mind i fixed it!

Tested polos old version once again after re-setting the router and all was ok : )

I have a siemens speedstream if that helps anyone.

See you soon, once i have abit of a practice.

Cheers
mal_clarke
V10BWC 2010

Post by mal_clarke »

I disagree that you learn nothing playing offline.

Stick yourself onto a challenge match in the beach house with Tall Steve or Curly and see how you get on.

I play to a good standard these days most of the time and I generally win 17-12, sometime I win more easily and other times I can sometimes be beaten when for some reason the comp pots everything all the way through. I've had plenty of 17-16 games both ways. As I've improved I do tend to win these days.

Nobody can come on here except for the very best and say Curly offers no challenge. Even then I'd doubt it. Matchplay needs practise and you get a challenging match against the computer which will only help you.
My new Virtual Pool blog:

http://virtualpool4.blogspot.com
lc
Wannabe
Wannabe

Post by lc »

I agree.

I`m not bothered what the computer does with shots, but i get to learn and practice what i do myself.
As for playing only on champ settings.... well thats not very realistic is it.
A good player should manage to win just as well on a beer stained table thats seen better days.
sharkey9
VWSC 2007

Post by sharkey9 »

lc wrote: A good player should manage to win just as well on a beer stained table thats seen better days.
That's absolutely true but for online play, everybody plays on champ settings.
I'm made of metal
My circuits gleam
I am perpetual
I keep the country clean
polomint77
Banger
Banger

Post by polomint77 »

lc wrote:Never mind i fixed it!

Tested polos old version once again after re-setting the router and all was ok : )

I have a siemens speedstream if that helps anyone.

See you soon, once i have abit of a practice.

Cheers
Glad it worked.. :D
DISCLAIMER
All opinions expressed by myself are just that, opinions of *mine*. They are in no way anyone elses.
If you disagree with them, then please feel free to take it up with you local drunkard, hooker, or local drug dealer. Just don’t bother me with it because I couldn’t care less.
mal_clarke
V10BWC 2010

Post by mal_clarke »

Always use Champ Settings.
My new Virtual Pool blog:

http://virtualpool4.blogspot.com
lc
Wannabe
Wannabe

Post by lc »

mal_clarke wrote:Always use Champ Settings.
So be it.