Tournament Idea

General discussion for anything related to the Virtual Pool 3 DL game play including Career, Tournaments, Computer Opponents, Trick Shots, and Quick Play.

Moderator: 9balldotcom

mal_clarke
V10BWC 2010

Tournament Idea

Post by mal_clarke »

How about everyone paying £10 to enter the worlds.

64 entrants at makes a prize pool of around £640 so a nice little prize for the winner.

Payouts maybe from the last 16...

£200 Winner x 1
£120 Runner-up x 1
£50 Semi Finalist x 2
£25 Quarter Finalist x 4
£15 Last 16 x 8

Considering the worlds takes about 6 weeks to finish, I propose a full ranking event structure where players play record score matches over 4 large tournaments per year and pay per tournament to enter. £40 entry over the course of the year to potentially win money, if you win every tournament thats £760 clear profit. Prize money would be bumped up if everyone entering paid membership fee. I'd be more than happy to assist organising this as I feel the game standard and players warrants a move down this road.

I see no reason why this cannot work, unless people do not wish to pay. If not 64 players then shorter fields with slightly higher entry fees may work.
My new Virtual Pool blog:

http://virtualpool4.blogspot.com
mojoicus
Banger
Banger

Post by mojoicus »

no disrespect mal but there s prob 10 players that will win this and the rest just make the numbers up
Now do it twice one with a rateing over whatever and one below would be far more appealing people could enter the higher one if they chose too but not the other way round
That way the lesser players would actually gety a chance to win something :0
mal_clarke
V10BWC 2010

Post by mal_clarke »

If that was the case no competitive sports would exist in the world and no one would play tennis unless Federer quit.

Fair enough though, if thats what people think, but it would be good.
My new Virtual Pool blog:

http://virtualpool4.blogspot.com